free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 37 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Selling 6 cars instead of 5 in China would be a 20% increase. There really is nothing to celebrate at this moment in time beyond Lotus's survival but hopefully it will start to make some kind of sense

Having spoken to a few of the long time Lotus guys still at Hethal i can confirm my LOVE for Lotus is back on the straight and narrow, Jaguars/McLarens are not for me!  I just need to have more p

Lotus staff got free hot drinks vending machines back in August, was a very welcome move and much appreciated from the people who work there. Sometimes the little things can make a big difference 👍

Posted Images

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 15:34, CocoPops said:

A120E0167F

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 15:38, Bibs said:

ETA 23/7/2018. 

In stock yet? :lol:

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, KAS-118 said:

Latest article in Car Magazine - although frankly I can't see anything new....🤔

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/lotus/lotus-suv-crossover/

Hum is that what happens when journos have nothing to write about?

In other news Lotus parent company Geely auto just unveiled their new C-segment sedan based on their new BMA platform, and they just revealed the interior of the car and hum it seems Lotus already had an impact... This interior feels like they wanted to simplify and add lightness. 2018-Geely-Bin-Rui-Leaked-15-850x320.jpg 

This is not a rendering this is what the finish on a production prototype is.

Looks suitable to the Lotus ethos don't you think. this dashboard is very simple and clean and does remind me of what Carr and the design team had  in mind when the drew the Evora cabin.

In other news this fan rendering for a new Esprit just popped up on the interwebs

2019-lotus-esprit-release-date-and-specs

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 2
  • Gold FFM

I like the simplicity and cohesiveness of that interior. Definitely European influence there.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

£1.5 Billion!! - Nothing historically has come even close to that figure. World wide  Lotus car sales will need to be huge to recoup.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Basically, for a small SUV sold by the factory for £50k (RRP around £70k then), you would probably need to aim for 40,000 units per year to get your return on capital. That is assuming you get a 10% margin post depreciation.

Geely can afford those kind of numbers and considering how much they expanded Volvo, this is not necessarily a big risk for them. That clearly means SUV is core to that strategy.

I suppose it's not that large a figure given the $11b pumped into Volvo. With so much investment and expansion, however, it would seem clear that we can expect the two new SUVs to be produced in pretty significant numbers, and it makes me wonder whether the two 'all-new' sports cars, which we have been told to expect around 2020, will be taken back to the drawing board to make them competitors to the likes of Porsche etc. in ways they have simply not had the funds/resources to match before, i.e. interior quality, technology etc. Will the carbon-tubbed, track-focussed flagship model become the new Esprit? Either way, exciting news - the future  for Lotus certainly seems a whole lot more interesting!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

1.5B, so that is about enough to develop the two sports cars, whose development cost I anticipate to be much higher than what was the reported development budget for the Evora way back when, and the SUVs that will have to borrow from their Geely/Volvo stablemates. Hopefully the QC, marketing, dealer network and after sales services will be on point to help recoup that significant but not quite mind-blowing investment.  They haven't said if it is 1.5B over 2 years or 10 years, still it is much more than all of what Lotus got from Proton during their tenure.

The reduction in UK can probably be explained by the uncertainty surrounding the acquisition of the company last year and the fact that the lower priced models were axed.  Regardless Lotus had been looking at generating more revenue from a single car sale so I'd like to know what was the financial loss generated by this reduction in UK sales. Hopefully we get more info in due course and the new pricing applied to the exige will also be applied to the Elise and Evora. 

1 minute ago, KAS-118 said:

Yeah, so more than just a limited edition of an existing car then 🙂

We can only hope. But a new halo car teaser would not be illogical, we are within 1.5 year of a supposed new car launch it is time to get some hype around that future car.

That or they finally unveiled the refurbished factory with the skeleton building now complete.

No news on a Lotus presence at the Paris Motorshow...

The article  mentions a second Uk factory in the west midlands and a new design studio... Am I wrong to think that the second factory is the LEVC manufacturing centre in Coventry and the design centre would open/has opened on the same campus within the Geely LEVC facility upgraded with more staff.

• Bibs featured and unfeatured this topic