free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 38 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Advantage

Future of Lotus

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Likuid said:

My bad I checked this one without looking if anyone posted a thread specific to this news.

no worries.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This is excellent news. Too much negativity about its only enough for this or that.

It's only positive. Geely have done well with Volvo. Give them a chance to do well with Lotus.

Just don't expect it to be the same Lotus as the past. It will build on the heritage but times have changed. Lotus must change with it.

Celebrate the history and look forward to the future.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think the would dare building a successor to the Seven called the Seventy?

The Seven is the one milestone missing from the poster they created for the lotus70.com website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lotus is not an overnight fix, it’s gonna take years and years of continual investment to bring up to sustainability in my view. I’m not saying that it can’t be done, I am positive that this will be achieved.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, If we admit that Lotus has suffered from years of lack of investment, what they need now is a sustained, significant and perennial investment. However Geely is now treading in unknown waters. There's a lot of goodwill surrounding the Lotus moniker, however in terms of brand equity, it is a bit of an unknown quantity and as Kev said it, it may take years or multiple business plans, at least 2 more than probably 3 so 15 years of a steady investment to fully reestablish the brand. Starting with 1.5b is pretty much an electro choc but considering they are going to probably do a thorough retooling at the factory - already going on - hire more staff - in progress -  definitely expand dealer network on key market (North America, China...) and surely advertise aggressively (bring on racing program - hopefully) 

Therefore silly me does think that this is nothing but an opening salvo, a clear declaration of intent and a sign of how serious Geely is about having in their portfolio Brands catering for every niche, Polestar and Lotus being straight on luxury, Volvo, Emgrand being premium Lynk & Co (for the youth) and Geely being mass market (access premium in emerging market and homeland) and Proton catering for South East Asia.  I don't think Lotus will rack in 11b worth of investment that Volvo got, but when all is said and done I assume they will have had access to 3 to 5b. 

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the funds it can go a lot faster than you think. Consider how fast Tesla has grown, in about ten years from a barnshed putting batteries in a LOtus Elise to todays output of 5,000 cars a week. That is roughly 100 times the output of Lotus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope given th experience and expertise already at Lotus, and now being able to be accessed through Volvo, london Taxi, Geely etc. that lotus will do a rather bet job at manufacturing and forecasting than Tesla has ever done.  My big worry with Tesla is that it is a hyped up Ponzi scheme just waiting to crash. But then, i could be completely wrong.

Back to Lotus I do hope they bring back Motorsport. i do hope that they invest in the legacy and bring back/create a factory backed programme (spares and refurbs/renovations) for the older models. Jaguar, Aston Martin and others are investing heavily in this area and owners are prepared to pay to get the work done.

Having the ability to schedule a service at the factory would be superb. What better excuse for a 1,000 mile road trip for me from Scotland to Hethel than to go th factory, get my car serviced whilst I look around Team Lotus and the new (I hope) factory visitor centre with access to see the new cars being made. I'd happily create a 5 day road trip around that and get satisfaction from a "factory stamp" in my Service Book!  It needs to be about the ownership experience.  Keep current customers loyal and delighted whilst you drag in the new.

Roll on a bright future for Lotus,  but if they go all high end (and therefore expensive) I'll have to look elsewhere for my next sports car.  

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm...the 'news' is just about a Birthday bash they're throwing - and although the site was supposed to go live at Noon BST it hadn't when I checked about a minute ago.

Shame no news on New Models 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, KAS-118 said:

Hmmm...the 'news' is just about a Birthday bash they're throwing - and although the site was supposed to go live at Noon BST it hadn't when I checked about a minute ago.

Shame no news on New Models 

FFS - what did you expect - this has been signposted on here for about 2 months now!  Have you been reading/watching something else?

Oh well, unlike you I am delighted with it and very happy it is happening and thanks to @Bibs and the Lotus Forum for organising this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm...are you always this polite? 🤔

As a festival apparently 'has been signposted on here for about 2 months now" and the post from Lotus seemed to be suggesting 'new' information - then I don't think its that unreasonable to assume  the 'exciting news' would be about something else  - as indeed had most people who commented on the Facebook post.

To answer your query - yes, - I do read and watch something else - I take it you don't?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I hope given th experience and expertise already at Lotus, and now being able to be accessed through Volvo, london Taxi, Geely etc. that lotus will do a rather bet job at manufacturing and forecasting than Tesla has ever done.  My big worry with Tesla is that it is a hyped up Ponzi scheme just waiting to crash. But then, i could be completely wrong.

Back to Lotus I do hope they bring back Motorsport. i do hope that they invest in the legacy and bring back/create a factory backed programme (spares and refurbs/renovations) for the older models. Jaguar, Aston Martin and others are investing heavily in this area and owners are prepared to pay to get the work done.

Having the ability to schedule a service at the factory would be superb. What better excuse for a 1,000 mile road trip for me from Scotland to Hethel than to go th factory, get my car serviced whilst I look around Team Lotus and the new (I hope) factory visitor centre with access to see the new cars being made. I'd happily create a 5 day road trip around that and get satisfaction from a "factory stamp" in my Service Book!  It needs to be about the ownership experience.  Keep current customers loyal and delighted whilst you drag in the new.

Roll on a bright future for Lotus,  but if they go all high end (and therefore expensive) I'll have to look elsewhere for my next sports car.  

 

 

 

Agree with you fully. I do hope that Lotus do keep an affordable option available, I purchased my first ever brand new car (Evora 400) and with current circumstances I cannot see me stretching much further than that price wise for a lonnnnngggg time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, KAS-118 said:

Hmmm...are you always this polite? 🤔

As a festival apparently 'has been signposted on here for about 2 months now" and the post from Lotus seemed to be suggesting 'new' information - then I don't think its that unreasonable to assume  the 'exciting news' would be about something else  - as indeed had most people who commented on the Facebook post.

To answer your query - yes, - I do read and watch something else - I take it you don't?

I can be very polite especially when people show awareness, but I apologise if I offended you. I don't really do Facebook so was basing my response on what was available and had been happening on here.  Your wrong re your point, I do watch and read lots of other stuff, do not spend much time on Facebook or other social media though as it's usually just full of, well, useless stuff. Quite enjoy TLF though as it's full of useful stuff and interesting stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I can be very polite especially when people show awareness, but I apologise if I offended you. I don't really do Facebook so was basing my response on what was available and had been happening on here.  Your wrong re your point, I do watch and read lots of other stuff, do not spend much time on Facebook or other social media though as it's usually just full of, well, useless stuff. Quite enjoy TLF though as it's full of useful stuff and interesting stuff.

OK - I note you were 'unaware' of the FaceBook discussion - and although I queried last night on here what the 'Special Announcement' was likely to be  - and no-one said oh they're putting on a special meet just like it says on the TLF Thread @here  - you did appear to know what it was about.

I'm sure you'll agree Forums should be a place were people with a common interest should be able to discuss that interest in a cordial and friendly manner and/or learn things they don't know from people more knowledgable than them on certain matters. From other forums I've been on I've noted that some people will share their knowledge in a positive helpful manner, unfortunately others seem to get a kick from deriding people. I hope that TLF comprises the former type of people.

Its of course well worth remembering that no-one knows everything.............

I hope you enjoy the event - your car does do the brand proud. 

Edited by KAS-118
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bibs said:

Well lets hope the market stays strong so that Geely can keep taking over the world of cars. Now what surprises are in story for the September shindig Mr CEO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thought exactly. In front of an Esprit.  How interesting?  Obviously a conscious decision and not an obvious one.  Do they own the car? Is it being used to help design the new Esprit? Will a boy ever swim faster than a shark? Questions, questions.

Interesting.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...