free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 65 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Advantage

Future of Lotus

Yes, but not until the new line up is out there....that is at least 5 yrs from now. Lotus will have a new Boss in 5 yrs.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
57 minutes ago, Spinney said:

And Honda stated very clearly that the Swindon plant closure had nothing to do with Brexit either.

Whilst its workers blamed Brexit, unless the Guardian just decided to blame Brexit anyway :)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/18/carmaker-honda-plans-to-close-swindon-factory-reports

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

It's no great surprise that the workers blamed Brexit. It's a very convenient scapegoat at the moment for anything that happens and which people don't like. Honda, however, have categorically stated their decision has nothing to do with Brexit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/honda-swindon-plant-closes-cuts-a8785876.html

1 hour ago, CharlieBrown said:

Yes, but not until the new line up is out there....that is at least 5 yrs from now. Lotus will have a new Boss in 5 yrs.

Wow so much for supporting the new owners and there vested interest in keeping a iconic brand as going concern, please tell me what they have done wrong so far? 

I love to read that: "It will be a car that is within the price band that we have today in our range of products. It's going to have all you'd expect of a Lotus in terms of its DNA, which is about performance. It's about on-road and on-track handling and dynamics."

And in 3 or 4 years I am intent to buy a normal car so I like to read that: "Popham says Lotus will deliver more mainstream vehicles — possibly an SUV or a sports sedan — on this condition: Any such new product must preserve Lotus' tradition of lightweight and exemplary handling."

Wait and see.

Exiting times ahead me for one can not wait

Not quite understanding the bit about new car being on sale - does he just mean it’s a show car only, or that it’ll be sold much later than end of next year?

^^I do think that Lotus and a few others are bracing for a Brexit No-deal and lengthier homologation processes... That is just me reading signs in the sky though.

Under JMG, the car was supposed to show up in the dealerships in 2020, so the change of CEO coincides with a few months delay. Not surprizing considering JMG's plan was to get a new Exige out on the VVA-Evo platform and by the sound of things, we are set to get a new Evora on the same VVA-Evo.

So introduction possibly at the LA Autoshow in November next year and released in February  2021 or thereabout... It could be a global release (with North America getting the car at the same time as Europe and the rest of the world) which would be a first for Lotus but considering they can just use all of the Geely R&D centres and have a lot more money, it should now possible for lotus to deal with a dual homologation process at once.

Geely win first time out with Lynk and Co at the WTCC against the best in the world, you have to admire the conviction they put into every thing they do.https://www.fiawtcr.com/cyan-racing-develops-road-version-of-lynk-car-wtcr-challenger/

• Like 1

Conviction + financial, technical and human resources...

3 of the 4 drivers have one in total no less than 8 WTCC titles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NedaSay said:

Conviction + financial, technical and human resources...

3 of the 4 drivers have one in total no less than 8 WTCC titles.

Isn't that the way to win?  Even Chapman and Lotus used some of the best drivers in the world!  The winning formula is as you said, but it starts with the vision, resources and determination to get to where you need to be.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

A fool and his money were easily parted there me thinks. That guy in the video obviously had not done any real research before buying a car that obviously isn't for him. Bonkers.

• Like 2

The New Owner video is interesting though as it gives an idea of what the non enthusiast, potential Lotus owner is looking for in a car. I fully agree that none of his points would be of any issue at all to me, but were clearly of issue to him. He seemed to be the sort of guy who wants to make an impression with his car, not actually enjoy driving it. That said, if Lotus want to have a wider appeal, they really should have a less performance, more luxury model in their range. The Add lightness thing can also look a lot like add cheapness in some cases. For the US market, and many others, lotus need a proper GT version of the Evora, not everyone wants to be fast and furious or a track day king.

Most of his comments were a tad strange. Who would drive to the airport/seaport/wherever in an Evora to start a three week holiday? He must travel light on his holidays :mellow:

38 minutes ago, Breeze said:

The New Owner video is interesting though as it gives an idea of what the non enthusiast, potential Lotus owner is looking for in a car. I fully agree that none of his points would be of any issue at all to me, but were clearly of issue to him. He seemed to be the sort of guy who wants to make an impression with his car, not actually enjoy driving it. That said, if Lotus want to have a wider appeal, they really should have a less performance, more luxury model in their range. The Add lightness thing can also look a lot like add cheapness in some cases. For the US market, and many others, lotus need a proper GT version of the Evora, not everyone wants to be fast and furious or a track day king.

You have summed what I was thinking. Car design is a compromise but as Enthusiasts our acceptance is different the, that looks different I’ll buy one market expecting that it will have all the bells and whistles of the average luxury barge.

There is a new era coming and yes it will apeal to cup holder brigade, but I am happy with out one. 

Did this US customer buy the car sight unseen, with no prior testing and no discussion with his dealer??? Why didn't he get a classic 400 with the glass lid that is still available...  The comments about dropping his car at a "port" for a 2/3 week period is mindboggling. Would any of you guys leave his pride and joy and arguably second car at a carpark for that long? 

Anyway by the sound of it the next Lotus model shall satisfy the likes of him.

In the meantime I found a 2010 aquamarine... lucky for me my wallet says no but my brain is so full of yes and YOLO.

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1

^^^other than wallet there's just another thing that leads me to think that as of this very minute the Evora is not quite the investment I should do:

It's called Canada... I need Lotus to bring the AWD SUV stat... I'm tired of this shit. This above is pretty much the exact same view i see from my home office window, we are set for a glorious 10 to 15cm of snow today and we are the 9th of april 😩

Edited by NedaSay