free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 70 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Advantage

Future of Lotus

Hey, 

Why 2 pages of this topic were deleted?...…….Couple of members mentioned their dissatisfaction with Lotus and the new 2020 Evora GT, that is coming to the US.

Why the censorship?

Edited by ramjet
Content deleted. All in other topic.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

From recent discussions the future of lotus outside the UK is going to be one hard slog to get a whole new buyer base as current perceptions of people I speck to still think LOTUS Elise is the only thing that they made and it’s just a hard riding tiny sports car..

Interesting commentary in this video, Jump to 12.38Seconds for the LOTUS discussion

On 28/04/2019 at 07:33, Bee said:

Good opportunity for another sponsorship deal, just as Lotus are wanting to raise their public profile again, nationally and internationally...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47994427

LotusNorwich.jpg

Oooh. Looks just like the guy that played The Punisher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lotus to hire 200 extra engineers* for both Hethel and Warwickshire sites.

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/lotus-will-hire-200-engineers-expansion-paper-says

*Not sure if that's the proper meaning of the term, or the more generic slang that's in everyday use.

• Like 1

When they say Warwickshire,  they do mean the Geely/ LEVC Coventry campus, right?! Good gosh This place is going to be crowded with brains, between Polestar, Lotus, Geely design... Geely is essentially creating its sixth R&D Excellence centre - the second in Europe after CEVT in Gotenburg - and the level of cross pollination is going to be off the charts : The London Taxi may become the fastest hybrid taxi on the Nurburgring if both Polestar and Lotus are let loose on it 😁

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 2

Everybody is talking about Lotus...  

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/05/12/phil-popham-got-get-lotus-back-road/

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lotus-considering-gt-saloon-crossover-and-suv-projects

The skeleton building lis finally in the process of being completed. More recruits, new computers for the staff and automation on the new production line.

Edited by NedaSay

6 hours ago, NedaSay said:

The skeleton building lis finally in the process of being completed. More recruits, new computers for the staff and automation on the new production line.

They had computers? Honestly can't wait to see what this investment brings. Hopefully they don't leave the gateway product that is the Elise behind in the rush to establish themselves as a premium brand. It's not only the car that saved them, but also one which continues to act as a gateway drug for their more expensive products. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

It's not only the car that saved them, but also one which continues to act as a gateway drug for their more expensive products. :D

Watch out for The Car Years, 8pm Tuesday night on ITV4 - It's all about how the Elise saved Lotus 😀

6 hours ago, Techyd said:

I hope they can accommodate people from Swindon, there’s a lot of skill and expertise there for the taking now the Honda plant is closing down

I'm pretty sure that talent wherever it comes from will be welcome, the new office in Coventry will be Design, advanced engineering and R&D if people have a desirable skillset they'll be hired.

Also I will bet my 2 cents  that the bulk of the engineering of the upcoming SUV and sedan will come from that centre, because, I'm not buying the "we haven't decided yet". Geely is building a factory in China, the wheels are moving. The SUV will have a bespoke chassis but it will use Geely modules and components.  I wonder how many portacabins will pop up near the LEVC facility in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

This all wonderful in the news but the direct to previous customers is non existent, their so caught up in spending money there not letting their heartland know directly. I'm on a Mclaren list and I get weekly emails about whats going on with the new GT.

Wake up LOTUS the internet and emails exist, not doing this to me is a basic marketing flaw..... its simple they have data from down loading online brochures. News please media department

Edited by au-yt

27 minutes ago, au-yt said:

. its simple they have data from down loading online brochures. News please media department

Oh how little informed people are. There is a little thing, with massive teeth, called GDPR which means that to stay compliant Lotus cannot merely harvest customer data, they need your express permission to collect it, to hold it and to use it.  It's not always "simples" and in signing up to the McLaren list you will have given them explicit permission to contact you. 

Let's be honest. The comms - the frequency, the relevance, the use of social media, the magazines/journo access - you can feel and see momentum building. So give them a chance eh?

9 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Oh how little informed people are. There is a little thing, with massive teeth, called GDPR which means that to stay compliant Lotus cannot merely harvest customer data, they need your express permission to collect it, to hold it and to use it.  It's not always "simples" and in signing up to the McLaren list you will have given them explicit permission to contact you. 

Let's be honest. The comms - the frequency, the relevance, the use of social media, the magazines/journo access - you can feel and see momentum building. So give them a chance eh?

I gave them permission when I ordered the Brochure.

Their missing a great opportunity to get the motoring world excited, news about employing people is nice, but not exciting

I have seen the 5 minute media release at a lotus only organised track day, about the future, the buildings the heritage and whats happening, its not on any website.

Edited by au-yt