free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 88 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lotus staff got free hot drinks vending machines back in August, was a very welcome move and much appreciated from the people who work there. Sometimes the little things can make a big difference 👍

Selling 6 cars instead of 5 in China would be a 20% increase. There really is nothing to celebrate at this moment in time beyond Lotus's survival but hopefully it will start to make some kind of sense

Maybe, time will tell. I am starting to think that I am out of kilter with the majority (nothing new there I suppose) but all this talk of electric, luxury, etc and I can't help but feel we are going

Posted Images

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

To be honest I always thought that Geely would seek to merge their various brands - so find it a bit odd that there's no mention of Lotus or the London Taxi Company in that article?

• Gold FFM

Smart move by the Chinese. They can now balance production/sales globally and will no consolidate production capability.

Not surprised re no mention of London Taxi and Lotus as their volumes will be too small for global consolidation at the moment. However, the eastern dragon is very much in the ascendancy and how long until the west becomes the commodity labour supplier? 20, 30 or 40 years?

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Just noticed this: 6:39 "An all new Elise will be breaking cover in 2020"

So... Is there a chance the new car will keep the Elise name and be unveiled by the end of the year rather than in 2021?

Edit: Sorry, didn't know this had been posted before

Edited by Sport220

Somewhere between very slim and zero chance of either of those things happening.

• Sad 1

Obviously a brand ad that might cause a few wry smiles but not very effective on its own. Brand press ads are like bricks, of limited use on their own but you can build something substantial with them over time. A brilliant product ad helps sell the thing plus build the brand at the same time but that art has been largely unlearned by the ad industry. At least this ad requires some decoding, helps build affinity and credits the reader with some intelligence, a rare thing for a car ad these days. Most seem completely at ease with just showing a picture of the car, mere awareness. What is usually lacking and what Lotus really needs are reasons to buy their cars, compelling, thought provoking arguments succintly and memorably made, ideally with some wit and charm.

A lot to ask for most marketing departments these days but as you can see, work that people respond to is easily shared. In a sea of mediocrity, the rewards for raising the bar are greater than ever. Trouble is, Zuckerberg can tell you how many people click on your FB ad, what time of day they did so, what they had for breakfast that morning and what colour underwear they are wearing so that's where most of the money goes these days. Because it's so targeted it's assumed that the viewer is already interested in what you have to sell so they do away with intrigue, insight and charm entirely.

Well I guess the immediate future is that as they've just bought out a 'new' version of the Evora, quickly followed by a limited Edition Elise, they should be bring out an Exige soon.....

The limited edition Elise is Australia only and possibly a request from the Australian importer... Phil's Evora is possibly the model that they should have never discontinued. Exige is still the biggest seller in the range.  The recent ad in a step in a possible direction but  they will need to up the ante something fierce to get traction... 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

They wont be. 

Evora NA

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, Bibs said:

Sorry but thought as marketing goes that is utter shite!  Just ain't feeling the love at all.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

That’s harsh - there’s a 13yr old spotty kid at the local school who’s now mortified you shitcanned their hard work

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Well that kid should be thankful I was in a good mood and only gave him an E- as opposed to an F!

Sometimes I do find it hard to love Lotus as a company, I do love their cars, brand and heritage though.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Sorry but thought as marketing goes that is utter shite!  Just ain't feeling the love at all.

Glad it isn't just me then.

• Haha 1

Uh they were not set to be in Geneva, but by the look of it they may not be able to attend Beijing either. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-beijing-motor-show/beijing-motor-show-likely-be-postponed-due-coronavirus

Do we know if they are going to attend Goodwood? it has sort of become their default event.

Goodwood though never a cheap venue as you need to have a decent pitch and build would be a good place to see the Evora based car , especially as their ‘home’ market show looks to be postponed. 

Black n gold

• Bibs featured and unfeatured this topic