free hit
counters
New North East member - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New North East member

archlight

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Alex. :welcome:

It looks like there certainly may be some work to be done there. Best of luck with it all and look forward to seeing the pictures.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

8 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Ooh you lucky sod - that's an x180 NA.

did you buy that from nick warren ? Some pictures of that one have been floating around

Yes i posted a lot of photos on various Facebook groups and sites. I loved the look of it on the farm and found some dedicated grouse to barn finds and it went down well. 

Welcome to TLF. 

That's deffo an X180 NA with the spoiler from an SE. While it's the model after the S3, the naming of Esprits isn't strictly in Series order, have a look at this...

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/models.html

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Certainly not uncommon Barry, the OZ Route's aren't the nicest wheel ever to grace an Esprit. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

S4 wheels ain't the best either, not sure I like my ones to be honest.

the spoiler does make it look nice though.

more pictures please.......... you've beat a few folks to the car, we need to see what we missed out on :thumbsup:

Only here once

Beamish? There is an arch-collector lives very locally that I'm amazed has not spotted this car, he's like Shelock Holmes when it comes to Esprit projects. Did you not want this one Mike? :welcome:

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

With help from the forum i managed to remove the engine today, wasn't as difficult as i thought. The driveshafts were quite tricky, an inspection hatch behind the seats to get to the water pump would have came in handy and most of the bolts snapped but it was all in good fun. I've taken the engine and box out of a Maserati Merak at work so i was familiar with the angles required to lift it out.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           I appreciate the info on the model names, my dad has a 90s elan and an elise but I've always loved the esprits so given the wheels and spoiler i hope a novice can be forgiven for the mix up. I will keep you's posted on progress and I'm sure ill be needing some advice soon but up to now its been easy going and enjoyable.:happydance:

Edited by archlight
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm after some advice regarding the esprit, the dreaded time has come to start buying parts, are the x180 parts specific to the x180 (suspension bushes and the like) or do I need to be looking for s3/s4 parts?

• 3 weeks later...

On the sjsportscars website you'll be looking in the lotus esprit 88 - 92 section. Within that some things will be listed as turbo or non turbo specific, and also carb/injection specific.

If you sign up for full forum membership you'll get downloadable parts diagrams for all models.

38 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Well done. I'm not too far away from you @archlight, and restoring an S1. There's a couple of S3' around Tyne and Wear also.

I suggest a north east meet up when we're done!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...