free hit
counters
SPRING RUN - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

SPRING RUN

Troy5925

Anyone else interested in doing a run on the 30th April?

There will various groups to join in such as:

Classic cars

Novice group

Intermediate group

Advanced group

The runs are done in the kent, Sussex area's where we do a run  every month except winter month's 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Could you give some more info on what kind of run this is? The different groups have me confused, is it a navigational challenge, or on a track?

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

With winter seemingly behind us time to get some plans together for the first run of the season ).gif

As per last year we kick off with a Kent/Sussex border run starting near the M25 in Surrey.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Start point is Knights Plant and Life Centre car park. Oxted Road. Surrey. RH9 8DB. It is on the A25 on the right just after the A22 roundabout if heading East towards Oxted.

Be a bit careful as you pull into the car park as it looks flat(ish) but last year I swung in with a little too much enthusiasm and had a bit of a scrape.

Nearest M25 exit is junction 6. Head south down the A22 and follow the signs to Oxted (A25). Meet point is no more than a few minutes from the M25.

Arrival time 7am with the intention to have everyone away by 7.30am.

Finish point is Wessons Café in Horam East Sussex:

http://wessonscafe.com/

It is a bikers café but we have ended up there loads of times in the past and the service is brilliant as is the grub.

We won't be able to park outside as there won't be room and on Sundays it is reserved for bikes.

There is however a decent sized car park down a side road opposite which is free and has no ground clearance issues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Run should last about 2 hours or so including brekky so we'll probably be all done by about 10.30am ish.

As with most runs the sign up section below will have 3 categories, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.

Please select which group you would like to join I'm guessing it's pretty self explanatory.

I have a route created using a piece of software called Tyre. It can be converted to most sat navs that are capable of excepting routes.

If anyone would like a copy drop me a u2u with your email address and I'll email it over.

Just to be clear this is intended as a fun spirited drive and everyone participates at their own risk.

Please click and read the below link:

http://docs.the playground.org/the playground_RunBriefing.pdf

We will have a briefing and sign in before setting off, the above link will give you an idea of what the briefing will contain.

• Like 1

Hi all,

The run is organised on this thread over on the South East Lotus Owners Club:

https://forums.the playground.org/viewthread.php?tid=434667

As with all runs I'm involved in it carries an MSA permit which covers all who attend (some insurers can have cheeky small print when it come to organised events). It also means all relevant bodies are informed and are happy with what we are doing.

However this does mean all who attend need to sign up to the run. It is totally free (no need to become a club supporter) and just needs a quick sign up to the forum (if you currently don't have a log in) and then a sign up to the run itself.

If anyone has any questions feel free to post on this thread or contact me directly on either forums.

Edited by Darkslide

I posted on here to see if anyone with old elans, esprits etc to join in on the monthly runs which we have been doing for many years now but for some unknown reason none of the old classic lotus cars never really join in which is a shame because we could send a group out on the run and they can set there own pace and not worry about stone chips etc

everyone that has been doing it really enjoy it and always look forward to the next run