free hit
counters
My Evora 400 Detailing Thread - Detailing - Sponsored by ValetPro - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
dalepearson

My Evora 400 Detailing Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 minutes ago, DJW said:

I'll drop mine round tomorrow ;)

Form an orderly queue!

Photos are coming JAWS (I assume you are prone to a little car cleaning then?), if its not raining tomorrow and I get a break from work I hope to get out.
My Karcher K4 has an attachment to draw water from a water pump, but I can never be bothered to run the pipe, so the watering cans are simpler and easy to use :)

Will post pictures in this post as available.

Snow Foam Doing its thing:

IMG_8632.thumb.JPG.0dd9b8187a1c01ec34a8d5e56eccef52.JPG

Edited by dalepearson

That's a lot in one day. Have you ever tried any of the Nano coats, I moved from wax a couple of years back. I'm  Working through the Evora  

Did the glass with Gtechniq G1/2 inSeptember when I got it.

Waiting for factory/dealer polish to degrade and weather to warm up. Couple of weeks back got a full machine polish and coat of Gtechniq C1. Last week Gtechniq C2V3 applied. This Saturday was spent removing the wheels, britemax cleaner and coat of Gtechniq, even did the brake calipers.

Just the C4 on the plastics left to do now.

Towel wise, can't beat the Ubertowel.

mind you, I usually have 2 or 3 other cars to give their weekly clean, before I can start on the Lotus, all treated likewise. Despite my best efforts my wife's car seems to look like she's been farming in it each week.

i got a Mesto foamer for my birthday today as I can't always be bothered to get the pressure washer out. Will give it a go next week.

• Like 1

Never tried any of the Nano stuff, I assume you went this route to reduce effort, always looked more "fiddly" to me? Quality of wax certainly seems to have an impact on the effort required, this Blackfire stuff is super easy to apply and remove.

Edited by dalepearson

It's easy enough to apply. No elbow grease at all in application, it's the prep where the effort is as you need to endure that any other residues are removed. Once on it is super slick and nothing sticks to it, flies, tar etc all just just wash off. The big benefit is how long it lasts.

harley wax was my preference previously. Agree a good wax is easier to use the the more common place waxes.

Sounds appealing, be interested to hear your thoughts once you have completed all stages and if you think its worth the cost.

The 400 is the 6th car I've done. My merc was the first and was 2 years before I sold it. Once done just wash it.

Can see a video of the Merc below The C2V3 I apply about 6 monthly spray on and wipe with microfibre cloth and that is all. Takes literally 5 minutes (much quicker then actually washing the car)  

Cost wise, it probably works out cheaper.

C1 - 2 cars £35

C2V3 - 5 cars - £13

C4 - c4 cars - £20

G1/2 - 3/4 cars -£20

Bigger bottles, better value, but the C1 will go off once opened, so need to use it within a month or 2.

2 hours ago, trcm said:

You washed the number plates off!

:) I took them off as putting my private plates on, and also makes it easier to clean.

26 minutes ago, Colin G said:

Feels weird seeing my old car, but good effort! ?

Documented evidence I am taking good care of it :)

Had the wheels off the car today to replace the side reflectors, so thought I would show how clean the wheels looks after a quick rinse off with water.
The wheel wax still holding up well.

IMG_8945.thumb.JPG.828a017cc89ea89fd0c146d6a7bcc4ab.JPG

I do love the gloss black wheels, but they do show up all little scratches if you look close :(

1st post is epic op.... good work,, going to use this as a guide for this weekends spruce clean :)

11 hours ago, DJW said:

You have an OCD problem ;)

There are worse problems to have :)

3 hours ago, andyj007 said:

1st post is epic op.... good work,, going to use this as a guide for this weekends spruce clean :)

Cheers, glad it might be of some use :)

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 23:29, DJW said:

You have an OCD problem ;)

An OCD opportunity for those who like a clean car...

Hopefully no-one points out to him that there is a small stain on the bottom of bottom of the left door...