Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Disc brakes : heat cracks - Page 5 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Disc brakes : heat cracks

On 15/03/2021 at 12:25, Exx said:

Can it help to sometimes clean the holes ?

To an extent, but any drilled disc used with any regularity on track will still crack around the holes. The longterm solution is to switch to grooved. You will still see surface crazing on the disc from heat, but much better to remove the stress raisers altogether.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 months later...

So i have changed my OEM pads for PFC08 on OEM 2pcs disks

After 1.5 TD i already have crackles around the holes ...

The braking power is really better than OEM pads but the heat is crazy, after a session even the wheels are really hot and i struggle to remove wheels caps to do the pressure because they are too hot

I don't know if i will put PFC again, plus even if the brake power is better i did not improved my times :D And now there is so much power than sometimes the car is not really stable while braking, it s "shaking"

I also did  not have a good experience with PF pads so I concur.

Better bite on track as expected but poor for road use with a constant whistle despite putting on pad spacers.

I have gone back to the OEM Ferrodos which unless you are wanting to extract your best lap times are a much better compromise imo 

• 2 years later...