free hit
counters
Disc brakes : heat cracks - Page 5 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

On 15/03/2021 at 12:25, Exx said:

Can it help to sometimes clean the holes ?

To an extent, but any drilled disc used with any regularity on track will still crack around the holes. The longterm solution is to switch to grooved. You will still see surface crazing on the disc from heat, but much better to remove the stress raisers altogether.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You will develop stress cracks on any rotor used on track after a time, whether coss-drilled or grooved, and usually much earlier than when you reach the minimum thickness for wear.   I've been i

The Kobra4 is based on a PFC system ... PFC is amongst the very best you can get and so is the Kobra4 - probably the best upgrade for me so far. Dont know the other Kit btw     

I have decided to go with discs proposed by Komotec : photo   Thanks to KT for the reactivity and to answer to my stupid questions.    

Posted Images