free hit
counters
Formula 1 2017 - Page 2 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Run qualifying and then start the grid with the slowest in front and the fastest in the back.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vettel is a spoiled little brat, that was dangerous too and he shouldn't be getting away with it! 

Cat seems to be enjoying quali...

No idea, did not keep up with it last year, or the year before or the year before that etc,  F1 to me know is completely sxxte and i sadly have no intrest as the cars,drivers, tracks and rules are jus

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, ramjet said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Run qualifying and then start the grid with the slowest in front and the fastest in the back.

And the consequence will be every one in qualifying trying to go as slow as possible to get to the front of the grid...qualifying would take weeks!

Maybe the results reversed from the race before? Start with the slow ares at the front would be fun to watch!

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I'm going to make an effort to get back in to it this year, having pretty much lost the will to live with the last few seasons.  To be honest the last time I was truly hooked was when the Brawn team upset the form book.

Strictly free-to-air watching for me though, as I cannot stomach giving my money to Murdoch.  I'll follow the rest via the various websites and radio.

I'm very much of the opinion that pay-to-view, more than anything else, has led to the sharp decline of engagement/ fan base.  Certainly, there's been some poor management and rule "improvements" under Bernie's stewardship, and the inequitable distribution of funds to team really winds me up - Ferrari especially.  It will be interesting to see if the new management can get things better under control and as much as I admire the engineering in the sport, I thought Chase Carey made an interesting comment in that he wanted to "push drivers back to the forefront" alluding to the fact that the engineers have overtaken the drivers.

:sleeping:  The best bit was the little nap I had after breakfast...  To be fair the commentators really tried hard to make it sound like something other than a procession was going to take place..  I certainly hope things improve as the season progresses.. 

• Like 1

Sorry to say it was a bit of a procession. But it's a crap track, with little overtaking opportunities. The new tyre situation obviously came into play for the win, but that's nothing new, except there are less pit stops now. Maybe that will change, because although they do last longer, they still degrade.

I thought Bottas did a good job, and I was pleased to see Vettel take the win.

Margate Exotics.

For a first race, I didn't actually think it was too bad.  There was just about enough action further down the field to hold my interest.

Personally think the whole tyre thing is just mad and overly complicated.  But then I'm not that bright.

I'm hoping that on the more exciting tracks we should see some more action.  Going to give it a couple more races, at the very least.

Fair point. The TV coverage never really gives a proper indication of how narrow the streets are at Monaco. If you visit Monte Carlo on a normal day, it's hard to believe that these are the same roads that they race on and there's very few straight sections between each corner. Here's a Lancia Aurelia Spider on the harbour-side section. The little wide-angle lens of my phone camera also makes the road look much wider than it really is.

AureliaSpider_zps309af5c1.jpg

• Like 1

It was boring and IMHO a preview of things to come.

Hamilton was over a second a lap faster than Verstappen when he went into the pits on old tyres and on new tyres, with Verstappen on the old, he couldn't get past him. They have made the cars faster, yes, which I am sure is thrilling for the driver, but this just creates more dirty air. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

So exciting I fell asleep after 30 minutes woke up after 45 and went back to sleep again! What a boring season we are in for!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)