free hit
counters
Evora 400 Vat Qualifying / Price List - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora 400 Vat Qualifying / Price List

Hi All, I'm working through the man maths of importing a used VAT qualifying Evora 400 to NZ (No Lotus dealer here). It has to be VAT qualifying so I can remove the VAT and pay GST in NZ which is 15%. If not VAT qualifying I pay the full price including VAT and still have to  add on 15% at this end, which will make a used car more expensive than a used non-vat qualifying car.

Other than searching Autotrader UK and the likes, is there a quick way to identify  a VAT qualify car? I guess I could call every Lotus Dealer.. but not the easiest option from New Zealand with a 13 hour time difference :-)

Another option maybe to go new.. and spec out the car.. although the base price at around 72,000 will be a stretch. Is there a pdf pricelist of the options that can be downloaded? 

Cheers,

Rich

Rich Miles - Social Media Coordinator - Club Lotus New Zealand

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here
CLNZ YouTube Channel Here

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Base price is now £73,950 I believe. There were some VAT qualifying cars on the PH list (Williams Lotus had one for example)

Have you been in touch with Simply Sports Cars in Australia? I'm sure they could sort something out.

SSC have been NZ agents for Lotus in NZ for 6 months and have done nothing with the brand here. While Lotus Insist on believing that NZ is part of Australia. So that any cars officially sold in N

Base price is now £73,950 I believe.

There were some VAT qualifying cars on the PH list (Williams Lotus had one for example)

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

They stop being vat qualifying when they pass into private ownership typically.

Only here once

15 hours ago, Instinct_NZ said:

Hi All, I'm working through the man maths of importing a used VAT qualifying Evora 400 to NZ (No Lotus dealer here). It has to be VAT qualifying so I can remove the VAT and pay GST in NZ which is 15%. If not VAT qualifying I pay the full price including VAT and still have to  add on 15% at this end, which will make a used car more expensive than a used non-vat qualifying car.

Other than searching Autotrader UK and the likes, is there a quick way to identify  a VAT qualify car? I guess I could call every Lotus Dealer.. but not the easiest option from New Zealand with a 13 hour time difference :-)

Another option maybe to go new.. and spec out the car.. although the base price at around 72,000 will be a stretch. Is there a pdf pricelist of the options that can be downloaded? 

Cheers,

Rich

Have you been in touch with Simply Sports Cars in Australia? I'm sure they could sort something out.

• Like 1

Thanks @B430m I have been in touch, as one of my mates is also after an Exige Sport 380 and 2 others keen on an Evora 400. I understand the SSC owners are over here soon, so we're hoping to meet up. The GBP is at great rate to the NZD so importing is a good option, but we also hope that a dealer can be re-established here in NZ. The problem as I see it that the Lotus Market is small here compared to the rest of the world, and the way to sell and market them is different here too... but from what I have heard from multiple sources, that Lotus want full on expensive showrooms, that comes with a huge cost and the profit is very low and the support from the UK is not great...

We live in hope of something getting sorted soon :-)

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here

3 hours ago, Instinct_NZ said:

Thanks @B430m I have been in touch, as one of my mates is also after an Exige Sport 380 and 2 others keen on an Evora 400. I understand the SSC owners are over here soon, so we're hoping to meet up. The GBP is at great rate to the NZD so importing is a good option, but we also hope that a dealer can be re-established here in NZ. The problem as I see it that the Lotus Market is small here compared to the rest of the world, and the way to sell and market them is different here too... but from what I have heard from multiple sources, that Lotus want full on expensive showrooms, that comes with a huge cost and the profit is very low and the support from the UK is not great...

We live in hope of something getting sorted soon :-)

It was my understanding that SSC are now Lotus Australia and NZ.

SSC have been NZ agents for Lotus in NZ for 6 months and have done nothing with the brand here.

While Lotus Insist on believing that NZ is part of Australia. So that any cars officially sold in NZ have to come  through the  Australian agent. Which in turn means that the cars need to be specially Australian type approved. A Lotus sold officially in NZ can never compete with a car bought new from  UK dealer and privately imported into NZ.

Lotus need to wake up and realise that NZ is not part of Australia. That the market in NZ can access Pistonheads etc.. UK approved cars can be easily imported into NZ. The vast majority of Lotus cars on the road here (and there are a good number) have been imported from other markets. Primarily the UK.

So come on Lotus lets get SSC and Australia out of the way. Allow an agent in NZ to buy directly from the factory. Sell some cars and build the brand.

I have bought two new Lotus cars and would buy a new Evora 400. But I will not buy a car at rate 30 to 40% higher than I can buy a car out of the U.K.

Baggies

• Like 1

There appears to be a  fairly major dealer here selling a few 'newer' cars (I believe they were purchased of a failed dealership in Singapore), but trying to pass them off as 2016 model such as this example listed below.. I can bring in a near new Evora 400 for around the same price.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/lotus/auction-1269083560.htm

I haven't seen this car in person (yet) but it's my understanding to be a 2013 model. I loose faith in a dealer trying to pass this of as 'new'... they clearly do not have staff with knowledge of these vehicles...
New Zealand is very different market. I did meet with Lee from SSC a while ago while at a club event, and it is my understanding that they do want to get the brand back in to NZ. Hopefully at a price that makes it a viable option for New Zealanders. 

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here

Rich,

If as you say SSC can offer cars at competitive price in NZ that would be great. They have done a great job with Lotus in Sydney. Their's appears to be a business for enthusiasts. I think a similar style offering here in NZ would work.

Ultimately it comes down to Lotus in The UK selling cars to SSC. Or whoever takes on Lotus in NZ. To allow  them to sell cars at prices where they can make a sustainable margin. Whilst still being competitive with UK prices. It may be that Lotus stuffed the market by selling to their UK dealers at a much lower price than their export dealers.

Whilst most high end brands in NZ sell cars at a premium over pricing in The UK. An exception to this appears to be Mclaren where cars are advertised in NZ at pricing close to UK pricing. So it can be done.

I would love to see a dealer back in NZ. I use my Evora as a car for work. Would trade up to a 400. If the opportunity arose. Without a local Lotus dealer it's likely I will end up driving another brand. I am loyal customer to Lotus there has been a Lotus of some kind in my garage for the last 32 years.

• Like 1