free hit
counters
Esprit on Top Gear - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Hornsey Boy

Esprit on Top Gear

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but it was good to see Top Gear back on the Beeb on Sunday.

But even nicer to see the producers paying homage to some great motoring icons from the 1980's on their new studio set and it was great that they felt an Esprit G is on a par with the Countach and Testarossa  B-)

Does the car belong to anyone here on the forum ?

58bdc6e9108ac_TGLotus.JPG.06b54c74526fb52c0ddd8d9414d618b5.JPG

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes it has been posted before Dragan,  but glad you posted this picture as the other one that was posted showed a side view, and my theory was it could of been one of those fancy large cut out prints,  but this shows my theory was wrong , and they have indeed put real cars on the set :)

I suppose its a great way of storeing your car for free in a dry , warm place  and keeping it out of harms way lol 

they should have an X1/9 too. I had one-converted it with an Uno turbo engine (and I rebuilt the gearbox twice)

Oh love the ladder decals!

if I wasn't 6ft 2 I'd have another. I had 7 at one point including a 1300, But sold the lot years ago!

the turbo one was fantastic in a straight line. Corners could be scary. 

Think I've had 9 over the years including that one twice (!) I'm 6ft 2'ish - the 1300's have more room in them but I've had so many 70's/80's Italian stuff over the years I'm used to bent legs / straight arms etc!

Never tried a Turbo conversion but I went to look at one at a dealer years ago and he had no idea the 2.0 Lancia Twin-cam wasn't standard.... Went well!

Edited by nello

Thanks for the photo, I thought i saw and esprit then I was not so sure.

C43

On 3/12/2017 at 16:12, nello said:

P1010012.jpg

Gorgeous! (and the Sud in the back)

Jaguar XJ 220

De Tomaso Pantera

Ferrari 308 GTO

Ford GT40

McLaren F1

Tennis Player scratching her arse!

30 minutes ago, punky said:

Tennis Player scratching her arse!

:D

The only thing I'd consider missing if it's an '80's blank we're trying to fill in is an F40. 

Congradulations Nerobi,  Never thought of the vette :thumbup:

• Like 1

I remember playing Test Drive on my 286 back in the 80s, but don't recall a Esprit. Maybe it was another version, but it certainly had the Countach, Testarossa and C4, and I think a 911 as well. If I did forget about the Esprit, shame on me... :sofa:

Also remember another racing game with an Elan M100, Esprit GT3 and M250 (I think), but that was rather boring and not designed very well.

11 hours ago, punky said:

My mistake!

I meant 288 GTO.

One of my favourites!

Ferrari_288_GTO_(1).jpg

I never really noticed how sticky-up-in-the-air the mirrors are. Not a great look really

Those wing mirrors are terrible !  :sick:   But the rest of the design makes up for it, have always liked fly yellow over the classic dancing donkey red myself though  :)