free hit
counters
380 deposit paid - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

380 deposit paid

I've paid a deposit on a dealer stock 380 and in so doing asked for a price on the carbon exterior pack (hardtop + louvered hatch over engine), but retrofitted.  Dealer specced car with carbon sills so it makes sense.  The pack is priced at 3k if specced on original order and I'm being quoted nearly 3.9k, but on the basis I'll get to keep the standard hardtop and hatch panel.

This feels like a lot to pay for something which is essentially cosmetic.  But then the car will look complete with it.

Has anyone been quoted less for retrofitting the carbon exterior pack (I assume it's the same for the 350 etc so not specific to the 380)?  And does anyone know of any aftermarket alternatives for less (accepting that the weave and colour would need to be a good match).

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks chaps. I'm really looking forward to getting it. it will be by far the lightest performance car I've owned. Last properly fast car was a GTR, which was a blast but too heavy for regular tr

You know it's not metal, right?    

I've paid a deposit on a dealer stock 380 and in so doing asked for a price on the carbon exterior pack (hardtop + louvered hatch over engine), but retrofitted.  Dealer specced car with carbon sills s

Posted Images

Firstly congrats on going for a 380.

I think £3.9k is not outrageous for retrofitting the carbon panels. The standard hard top is £1250 on its own but I'm not sure why you'd want to keep that and the hatch panel unless you want to resell them to claw some money back?

Lotus quoted me £1850 just for the louvred engine cover panel on its own, not even in carbon fibre, so you should be able to get a couple of grand back by selling the standard roof and engine cover.

Which dealer are you getting it from?

5 hours ago, The Pits said:

Firstly congrats on going for a 380.

I think £3.9k is not outrageous for retrofitting the carbon panels. The standard hard top is £1250 on its own but I'm not sure why you'd want to keep that and the hatch panel unless you want to resell them to claw some money back?

Lotus quoted me £1850 just for the louvred engine cover panel on its own, not even in carbon fibre, so you should be able to get a couple of grand back by selling the standard roof and engine cover.

Which dealer are you getting it from?

Thanks.   I think it might be your youtube channel that's partly to blame for this frivolous purchase - are you Dr P...?.   Actually, it's been great to get an owner's eye view on everything and those videos have helped me get to this point - so thanks.

Dealer is JCT600 Leeds.  They seem pretty genuine guys, but not having dealt with them before I'm exercising a bit of caution and just looking to make sure I'm not being led up the garden path and it appears that I'm not. 

Yes, I was intending to put the original bits up for sale to claw back part of the cost, so @alias23, I'll bear that in mind.

For info, the parts are 5-8 weeks delivery apparently so it won't be imminent. 

Should have the car within two weeks, avoiding 1 April tax hike, but extra carbon bits will come later.  Getting quite excited, as I've only driven, briefly, a standard S v6 and that was brand new so subject to 4k rev limit.  It was really just to make sure I could get in and out and that the driving position was ok.

I'll make sure I post up when I have it.  Thanks again guys.  Mick

Yes that's me, glad to be of service! ;) 

I only hope your 380 will be as good as my Exige has been and wish I could guarantee that being the case. I do think Lotus have got the hang of building Exiges by now so I am confident that you'll be able to enjoy the many aspects that make it a uniquely epic drivers car.

What colour did you go for? Couldn't see a 380 on JCT600's website.

If you've only been to 4k in a V6S you're in for a big surprise the first time you give the 380 full beans! Ludicrous mode comes as standard!

:thumbup:

Love the red accents personally, always did on the 360 Cup cars. Will be getting them on mine if I get a 380.

Stunning. Thanks for the pics.

:thumbup:

Congratulations on your purchase!  Colour looks awesome with the red accents, they make it pop....I'm also a fan of red accents :)

I would encourage you to go for the carbon options you are looking at, yes they save weight but they also look stunning.  I've seen one up close and the carbon is really very good, you would regret not getting them I think.

As my car is past the 600 mile mark on the running in phase I have been able to briefly enjoy higher revs, wow, what an experience.  I can see this will become addictive.  They get a move on even when keeping them below 4K, above that the Exige is like nothing else I have driven.  To be honest, the running in restriction is also a useful way of settling in to the car before you can enjoy more rapid pace - especially if you are new to a Lotus.

Exciting times ahead for you.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. It's good to hear the accents are popular. I initially worried that it might make the car harder to shift when the time comes but I'm now thinking the opposite. Not that I'm thinking of selling it!

Think I'll get the carbon bits irdered too.  Mrs may not notice B-)