free hit
counters
Carbon Hmmmmmmmmmm - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Bit of a tease I know but I couldn't wait....

Here in the first picture is the lower mould for a carbon accessory for my 360, The second is the upper mould. What will it be I wonder?:)

image2 (1).JPG

image3.JPG

Edited by Seriouslylotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

See, this is why i'll never anything more than a ricer. I thought it was a cf dashboard. 

When are you going to make the 360 Cup vented front hatch and rear engine hatch ;)

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

When are you going to make the 360 Cup vented front hatch and rear engine hatch ;)

Scanning the front hatch tomorrow all being well...,

5 hours ago, 550superfast said:

Carbon CUP R front splitter?

Aerodynamically same as cupR. But all one piece.

Sorry, but front splitters should be made of plywood and nothing else. Consider them consumables, the first thing to sacrifice on speed bumps, curbs, parking lots and all those other opportunities to otherwise crack carbon. 

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

How does that work with speed humps? 

13 minutes ago, Dan E said:

How does that work with speed humps? 

No idea, but its only about 5mm lower than the standard one it replaces, Although it does stick out a little further

I never go anywhwere that has speed bumps, it still has almost 100mm of clearance so is fine for everything I use the car for

Edited by Seriouslylotus

Lucky you don't live round here mate, that would be in bits in about 10mins. Looks great btw

when can we buy one?

Not sure about the black eyes either. think they need to go. 

35 minutes ago, JG220 said:

when can we buy one?

Will be testing it at Anglesey next Friday on the Exiges.com Track day. There are two small changes to make on the Splitter to help with fitting.

I have also made some plates that fit inside the clam to spread any down force loads, These need to manufactured rather than me making some in the shed.

The moulding is done and ready to go so after testing I will be adding to the website

• Like 1

On 10/03/2017 at 19:11, TBD said:

Sorry, but front splitters should be made of plywood and nothing else. Consider them consumables, the first thing to sacrifice on speed bumps, curbs, parking lots and all those other opportunities to otherwise crack carbon. 

Hang on, you sold me a front splitter made of POLYCARBONATE or something, not plywood!   :devil:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Good point, but polycarbonate is equally indestructible. I guess I oversimplified. :sofa:

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

The Lotus Motorsport barge boards were made out of plywood. They look good, feel good and they are strong!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

27 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

The Lotus Motorsport barge boards were made out of plywood. They look good, feel good and they are strong!

Also heavy!!

If it's good enough for a race car then its good enough for me.

• Like 1

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 22:08, C8RKH said:

If it's good enough for a race car then its good enough for me.

But not me...... B-)

• Like 1

On 10/03/2017 at 14:10, alias23 said:

+1 for the louvred boot window. Not bothered about carbon either ?

• Like 1