free hit
counters
ECU Mapping - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep. Hope the car will be ready these days. I'll for sure take some fotos but did not see the Carbon tips until now, they arrived last Friday at the dealer. Looking forward ...

Extra bolt on silencers for track are a good shout - so long as they are the same internal diameter as the rest of the exhaust, straight through with no nasty bends.  Putting on a more restrictive mai

Merlin Motorsport have a selection... https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/knowledge_base_articles/view/noise-testing-and-the-merlin-muffler-270 https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/exhausts/m

Posted Images

TDI are pretty special in this area. I'd also be talking to @Hangar 111 too if I were you. :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Nothing's happened, I'm just looking at options.

Following on from the TVS1900 kit install, my plan is to change the manifolds and also fit a high flow sports Cat. If I go to someone like 2bular for the exhaust components, then I'd like to get the car checked that it's optimised for the increased/less restricted flow of exhaust gases. The way to achieve this is obviously to have the car mapped, especially if improvements and further gains can be made.

There is definitely power in the manifolds/CAT.  Best to wait for the SSC setup which isn't far off - otherwise you'll have a big spend on your own R&D. 'Live' mapping on the stock ECU isn't readily available, making changes is a reverse engineering job which is a different proposition.

In this instance I'm sure noise will come with power! Can't see any way of avoiding it.

For the track I'm looking to reduce noise by using the additional tailpipe silencers developed by 2bular.

KomoTec are probably amongst the best when it comes to understanding/mapping Lotus ECUs ... 

I would strongly recommend proper manifolds and sport cats ... the noise increase that came with it in my Exige is minimal

57 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

I think he wants power, and the noise might come too, but will then look to control that so track days are not an issue.

Exactly. I want more power but need to keep the noise increase minimal. I already have a 2bular race silencer fitted, so I really can't go higher as it will cause issues at tracks, hence the reason for considering extra bolt on silencers for those tracks with low noise limits.

I have an upgrade path in kind that I'm trying to follow.

For now though, I'm just planning to enjoy the SSC TVS1900 kit and the gains that it has brought :)

Extra bolt on silencers for track are a good shout - so long as they are the same internal diameter as the rest of the exhaust, straight through with no nasty bends.  Putting on a more restrictive main silencer can kill the power as Dave has discovered.

Must have a catch up next week, very keen to hear how you are getting on with the kit.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

4 hours ago, NW76 said:

@550superfast is that the one that someone on here (I forgot who) has on its V6 already? Sounds like it might be an option for me ....

Could have been on another forum from memory.

• Like 1

I've got the 2bular "track" system on mine.

Slightly different to the one pictured above, as I don't have the additional silencer, but do have the titanium tailpipe silencers

and with the carbon tailpipes 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NW76 said:

@quantum2000 are you happy with it? Do you really use the track silencers?

Cheers

Norbert

Hi Norbert,

I have to use the additional silencers to stand any chance of getting on UK tracks, unfortunately its still too loud for most.

Quality wise its great

Jeff

I believe Essex autosport are one of few people who can do live maps. 

I would be really interested to see what a stock car could be remapped too with 99 fuel and reduction in how rich stock cars run. 

Edited by RedViper

@NW76 & Quantum2000 : The most recent version - at least the one I do have - is a bit different. Delivered a few days ago, just going to be fitted. ;-)

Does not have the springs anymore, but u-band to fix it.

Edited by C_S
  • Like 1