free hit
counters
ECU Mapping - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

ECU Mapping

Yep. Hope the car will be ready these days. I'll for sure take some fotos but did not see the Carbon tips until now, they arrived last Friday at the dealer. Looking forward ...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi, due to Easter time and a business trip we are late. And sorry to say, fitting is not straight forward with the extensions. Just had a call with Jim some minutes ago to send a mod to make it fit.

He also mentioned not to support the add-ons any longer. It looks that they are not needed out of experience at mainland (Spa) at least.

Hope it works out soon.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Didn’t want to start a new thread so hijacking this one

So DMS can apparently upgrade a standard 350 Exige to 380bhp and 425nm with an ecu flash for £575 plus VAT

What can other tuners such as hangar111 etc offer and are these tunes “safe”? I know it’s Exige 380 power but seeing as some engine parts are different not sure it’s a safe assumption to make..

4 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

It will be interesting to hear how they will get around the ECU encryption. Or if they have even tried. 

I can’t recall their name coming up before in relation to Lotus tuning. 

No same, I was chatting to a mate who’s got a porker and I even said on their page ‘shame they don’t do anything for the Exige’ as I assumed they didn’t!

Tread very carefully with anyone that says they can crack the Lotus ECU, I’ve never seen any decent reliable results in 11 years of owning various models. Friends have tried and had loads of problems, even with going to aftermarket ECUs. There’s a reason why you don’t see many companies advertising this service...

Why not try an Alias23 induction kit? A good friend has just fitted one with good results.

23 minutes ago, Bandit said:

Tread very carefully with anyone that says they can crack the Lotus ECU, I’ve never seen any decent reliable results in 11 years of owning various models. Friends have tried and had loads of problems, even with going to aftermarket ECUs. There’s a reason why you don’t see many companies advertising this service...

Why not try an Alias23 induction kit? A good friend has just fitted one with good results.

Yes you are right. It appears Komotec have to some degree with all their resource cracked the V6s ECU. 

This isn’t the case with the later ECU’s though on the 430 and 410, which still remains pretty elusive for even them 

50 minutes ago, Tex said:

Yes you are right. It appears Komotec have to some degree with all their resource cracked the V6s ECU. 

Not even fully cracked on the 380 either. I heard a rumour that the guys who cracked the original were jailed, but maybe that’s an urban legend, dunno...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Not even fully cracked on the 380 either. I heard a rumour that the guys who cracked the original were jailed, but maybe that’s an urban legend, dunno...

You do have to admire Lotus for putting so much effort into a Jail Break ECU 😂

• Like 1