free hit
counters
Bulkhead and chassis sound insulation? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I'm getting to the point where I might have to replace this, does anyone have any thoughts on firstly, on what was originally used (has a grey vinyl-like surface), and secondly on anything which might serve as a replacement if the original material is unavailable?

Ta.

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loose some weight fat lad and stick it in ?

Being hidden behind carpet I'd be using one of Dynamats products. NVH materials have come on in leaps and bounds since the mid 90's so you'll save a stack of weight (the original stuff is very heavy)

One bulkhead material I've been looking at is a foam/lead/foam sandwich material from Noise Killer. Having removed the bulkhead insulation, I was surprised how heavy it was, so decided to weigh it. It

Always promised that if I ever removed the bulkehead carpet for any reason I'd go for a thin foam/lead/foam sandwich just to combat the GT3s occasionally intrusive noise on the motorway. I gots some from the USA but not enough to do the full bulkhead sadly. Since then there was some advertsied on the net in the UK somewhere, but I've lost the link.

• Like 1

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Being hidden behind carpet I'd be using one of Dynamats products. NVH materials have come on in leaps and bounds since the mid 90's so you'll save a stack of weight (the original stuff is very heavy) and have better sound insulation. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

One bulkhead material I've been looking at is a foam/lead/foam sandwich material from Noise Killer. Having removed the bulkhead insulation, I was surprised how heavy it was, so decided to weigh it. It came in at nearly 5kg. The NK sheet weighs 17kg per 2m x1.2m sheet, so 7kg/sq.m, and with the rough calc of a square metre being required, it's a weight increase of 2kg. It's a bit thicker, at 15mm, but I think I can cope with that. I'm going to give it some serious consideration.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

On 16/03/2017 at 08:49, Loose Cannon said:

Well worth it IMHO, balls to a bit of weight.

If it solves the awful resonance problem I have at idle, it'll be a small price to pay. Other than that, in order that my brain is not turned to mush, it means I'll have to get a new exhaust of some description, which is going to cost a lot more.

Margate Exotics.

I have run out of likes for the day Barry overwise would hit that button , but just nearly pissed myself reading this, Barry Kearly straight to the point no messing about  lol   , love it    :rofl:

• Like 1

A