free hit
counters
Alpine A110... Is this the £50k car Lotus should have built? - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Alpine A110... Is this the £50k car Lotus should have built?

11 hours ago, auRouge said:

look at it! :wub: @DJW you're going to own another car that attracts all the right attention. now it blows up has an edgy dangerous cult car status:lol: 100% on my list of possible everyday cars for the future.

IMG_5831.JPG

ford-mondeo-zetec-business-edition-tdci-1-6l-diesel-engine-rear-sensors-navigation-bluetooth-alloy-wheels-cruise-control-dab-radio-climate-control-24903.jpg

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To answer the original question - In my opinion, no. Lotus need a proper 4-seater rather than yet another 2-seater. I am part of a large segment of the market that Lotus does not cater for, and I

I confess to having an alpine a110. I still have my esprit gt3, which retains its crown despite being 20 years older. I have been lucky enough to drive almost every super and sports car apart fro

So saw the car today and finalised paperwork for order. First time viewing  one, so was surprised how small it looked.  Does look stunnning though  |https://thumbsnap.com/SLEkw5fm White

Posted Images

We all love our Lotus's, but don't get this hate towards Alpine a great looking car with great reviews, need to get a grip guys, like to think we are all car enthusiasts and this car is a great achievement at there first attempt. Cars like this can only make the next generation  Lotus's even better because it's good competition.

• Like 1

Well said.. was starting to sound like PH regulars who love to diss a Lotus and can't see past a BMW!

It's a confident design. In a world full of sheep this is a breath of fresh air, the fact it also drives well and adopts the lightness ethos will ensure it's a success on the world platform. Bit like the Senna has divided opinion I'm loving this alternative design.:P

Modeo is a good car too by the way

• Like 1

Lol, time offline was by choice.  Christ they even had Wi-Fi on the plane for the whole journey there and back.  I was good though and kept swmbo the centre of attention instead ;)

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Gold FFM

I like most things about it. The interior, the lightness, the fact it has even been built.

The full on rear shot and tge 3//4 angle rear shot doesn't really light my fire though.

I guess that makes me a bad person.

If this was the new Elise or Exige I'd be disappointed. But it isn't and therefore I am not.

Will reserve final judgement till I see one in the flesh. Lotus has spoilt us.

Oh and I don't get the Pistonheads comparison. That is a general talking shop for any and every car. This is a one make fanboy Forum so I can understand the bias. Surely everyone can understand the differnce. It's a bi like havibg a go on an Alsatian lover website about the fact they don't like poodles. I mean. They're both dogs after all!  ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Haha v funny. Intype as fast as indrive :lol:

Indeed I look fwd to seeing and driving one in the flesh too, on spec the Alpine looks spot on, as for its looks, they're quirky but so was the S1 Evora when it came out in 2009. 

My S1 Evora was one of the prettiest ;)

IMG_9028.JPG

Must admit, I quite like the idea of this Alpine. I'm not in the market for this type of car, but as a "thing" I'm glad it's being made and initial reports make it seem to be a more resolved package than the rather disappointing Alfa 4C. I spent some time nosing around the bare chassis at Geneva last year (previous year?) and there are a few neat little details that only the factory workers will see. The bodyshape itself is a good modernisation of a classic outline and is definitely eye catching.

Yes, it's a shame that there isn't a narrow V6 breathing through chrome trumpets stuffed into the engine bay but the power unit is said to have enough power and character to keep the driver entertained. Add to that a chassis which is reported to be well resolved means I expect the buyers will be very pleased with their purchase. I suspect that this type of overall package is where the next generation of Elise will headed and in a way  that has has Hethel's interests at heart (fanboi) I'm quietly pleased that the Caterham/Alpine venture fizzled out.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 03/02/2018 at 16:54, Advantage said:

Harris and Jordan were using an Alpine in Monaco during a Top Gear shoot. Filming didn't seem to go exactly as planned.

AlpineTG1.jpg.8308b876fe0ee05055ac806496f1c77f.jpgAlpineTG2.jpg.b31dfe0b1bb1507cc4280bc18d7ea474.jpgAlpineTG3.jpg.f332606325a2bc0406f699728f7c06cf.jpg

Anything to do with the fuel tank being up front? On the basis that competition generally leads to improvement, hopefully we can look forward to a stunning Elise replacement.

Elise S sold February 2018.  GT410 Sport on order

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/05/2018 at 22:14, DJW said:

White definitely isn’t for me, as I think you lose a lot of the detail in the bodywork, but each to their own .

Impressed by interior, seats were comfy, led dash was cool changing display between sport modes, central display has lots of screen options to keep the techies happy, ability to mirror phone screens, laptimes, g force etc etc..   Nice leather and aluminium mix,  Exhaust sounded good too. Having to undo bolts to alter seat height isn’t great for those wanting to share drive with others though.   Steering wheel can be adjusted for height and distance to driver,  Sound system was good.

Feels like a more spacious Lotus Exige with interior of Lotus Evora but with more tech, and ease off access of an Evora too. 

Premium Edition cars are £50,900 fully loaded  

Missus stated she might want the car for herself now :eek:  

So speaking to the Alpine rep who was present, all 130 uk PE cars will be delivered for end of Aug.  Non PE cars will start end of year.  Waiting list for any ordering now is minimum 12 months 

Roll on end of July for my car being one of the first 35 in the country. 

do you enjoy the car ?

I wish.  Been a bit of a farce as DVLA hasn’t had Alpine defined in their DAtabase , so dealers couldn’t register cars for last few weeks.  Believe it’s now resolved but I’m still waiting for my dealer to get demo car registered as agreed this was a pre req when I ordered the car.  In theory my car is ready to be registered Friday, but let’s see what  happens with demo car and test drive 

Half tempted to just hunt down a Blue Hether edition Evora 400 auto and stick with brand I know ;)

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Been thinking about the A110 and for me it would be a great addition to a Lotus garage, not as an alternative.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

That’s a fair appraisal Trev and you’ve had the luxury of driving one.  Going to be a tall order for a Lotus boy.  I suppose worst case I find 2 months down the line I’m bored, with waiting lists I should lose bugger all to sell on ?

Annoying thing is I’m into 2nd week of hols at home, where I could have spent some decent time in car during good weather ....grrrrrrrrrrrrr

So knowing my car history Trev, do you think this car in addition to Exige will be good , or an Evora 410 to join Exige would be better ?   Or wait for a Ultima to sell and then go mental lol 

11 hours ago, DJW said:

I wish.  Been a bit of a farce as DVLA hasn’t had Alpine defined in their DAtabase , so dealers couldn’t register cars for last few weeks.  Believe it’s now resolved but I’m still waiting for my dealer to get demo car registered as agreed this was a pre req when I ordered the car.  In theory my car is ready to be registered Friday, but let’s see what  happens with demo car and test drive 

Half tempted to just hunt down a Blue Hether edition Evora 400 auto and stick with brand I know ;)

I did post in another thread about Lotus Evora rarity that 11 Alpine’s were registered in July according to the SMMT

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2018 at 23:46, auRouge said:

I want a £40-50k everyday 2+2 Lotus Elan! 

Sounds like you want an Evora to me.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

On 21/08/2018 at 23:46, auRouge said:

Or pick up a xxx? haha

Chaps your loyalty to Lotus is unquestioned. My brother and I would be the first to step in and enlighten those that need to see further than Stuttgart. As owners of both I promise you that!

I’m going through a bit of a “your best camera is the one you use everyday” moment.. instead of something that lives in the dark gathering weird transparent daddy longlegs cobwebs every time I find the time to drive her🤷‍♂️

A110 is a useable everyday fun frolic, non?

I want a £40-50k everyday 2+2 Lotus Elan! 

I think it was a missed opportunity that when they bought out the last version of the Europa they didn't make it a 2+2 alternative to the Elise 

On 04/09/2018 at 22:30, USAndretti42 said:

Sounds like you want an Evora to me.

They’re a bit too expensive and full on for everyday. Uncomfortable leaving it in carparks etc. 

£80k is too much for me. I’d rather budget £50k max.

Ran an S1 NA for two years, did 20,000 miles in it... good fun. 

F6E206BA-73D3-4E03-84AF-CCB0512A8D5B.jpeg

Oh dear. That is rather pretty..... :wub: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.