free hit
counters
Clutch pedal adjustment - Page 3 - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ramjet

Clutch pedal adjustment

Maybe that is an after-market push rod for the Citroen gearbox? They are different to the Renault gearbox push rod and different to the one in your photograph.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, Cushing said:

Mine is 125mm long, maybe this is the cause of all the trouble ?

thumbnail.jpg

Having just taken my gearbox out this afternoon, I measured the push rod. The dimensions are precisely as Derek says. Try cutting 25mm from the length, and refitting it!

So I drove the car the other day. Much nicer. Pedals all feel like they are in the same plane now across the pedal box.

I think I am going to have to pull the front calipers off and service them as the car pulled quite heavily to the right the other day when I braked. Weird thing is that it seems to be intermittent.

Shifter does not seem to be going all the way home when I select fifth either. Translator is set up according to the manual. Think I am going to have to have a look at the shifter end. Everything else feels fine, just the amount the lever moves forward.

So I sorted the shifter and the translator out. Was all in the adjustment link o the translator. I got it wrong the first time I adjusted it.

Got it right now. Fifth goes all the way in every time and the change feels completely different.