free hit
counters
New owner looking for parts - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

New owner looking for parts

• Gold FFM

Hi all,

I just brought my first Excel home from UK this weekend. Got it from someone on the other forum.
Although she is in good shape and certainly ready to run, I will be needing some parts to get everything to my liking.
Main thing is an airbox, as I'm no fan of the K&Ns currently fitted and want to revert the intake to standard. Unfortunately the previous owner got her like this and didn't have the original parts.
I also wonder if it's possible to replace the steering wheel with an earlier one from an Elite or Eclat.

No doubt as I dig in deeper, the list will grow. Not too much I hope. :mrgreen:

Greetz,

Filip

PS: I know ya all love pics, here's one from on the road imageproxy.php?img=&key=f91d8068176956b1:)

ontheroad.jpg

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, I just brought my first Excel home from UK this weekend. Got it from someone on the other forum. Although she is in good shape and certainly ready to run, I will be needing some parts to

Posted Images

great buy Fillip!!  congratulations.

for parts you should contact Bauke Tocus on this forum.

3 hours ago, Escape said:

I will be needing some parts to get everything to my liking.
Main thing is an airbox, as I'm no fan of the K&Ns currently fitted and want to revert the intake to standard. 

You're best chance for the air box will probably contacting the suppliers that advertise one here, parts like the airbox don't wear out so you'll need one from a scrapped vehicle. :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Awesome news Fillip glad you bagged one  :thumbup:  Thankfully the lotus owners dream car,  parts still plentifull and often cheap to get used bits for at the moment that is anyway :thumbup:

A

:thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well done. Would be my next Lotus if I ever get one after the S4.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• 2 weeks later...

Still have enough parts for you Filip , if you search for something just send me a PM.

and yess i also have airboxes in stock,

Edited by Tocus
  • 7 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi Iez,

I still have the K&Ns, mainly because I haven't yet found an airbox at a reasonable price. If you still have the original setup, I'd be very happy to swap!

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Hi Filip, My car is being imported from the States (suppose to be arriving in the UK around Boxing Day). When it arrives at my home,  I will have a look at the airbox. If its in decent condition,  I will send you some pictures and  if you still haven't located an airbox I'm sure we can 'so a deal' Regards. lez

Hi Filip Just realised the car I have coming is an Esprit, so the airbox wont fit an Excel(I don't think!). I have K&N's on my Eclat but want to keep the original airbox in the unlikely event that I sell it, it can be reverted back to original. Sorry.

• Gold FFM

If it's an early Esprit (I think up to S3) I should be able to fit it with minor modifications. Stevens is a completely different design.

• Gold FFM

Excel is same carb fitting, but different location for the intake pipe, Esprit comes of the centre, Excel from the front end, so backplate would be ok but not the cover. Bye the way, did the Excel come from Manchester area, looks awfully like my old one.

8 hours ago, Escape said:

If it's an early Esprit (I think up to S3) I should be able to fit it with minor modifications. Stevens is a completely different design.

OK, We'll see whats its like when it arrives. I'll be in touch.