free hit
counters
S2 ESPRIT FOR SALE ON EBAY - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

S2 ESPRIT FOR SALE ON EBAY

Haha Mark,  that is it,  the ball is rolling now, i can hear the phones in the all the paintshops ringing !  this time next year everyone will be going " gold s2 esprits, commom as muck "  :P

A

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bugger! I've just bought an S2!

Thanks very much for the welcome Dan. I might have explained incorrectly before, but Boss, are selling me the three parts, the front S2 valance and two S2 sills, I gather he has all of the moulds so j

Yes, they have pop-up headlamps. Unlike the real car, they both pop up together without fail. Like the real car, it also doesn't go. A perfect addition to your Esprit collection.

Posted Images

Matt,

Yours is beautiful in white. You shouldnt repaint it.

You could add the matt black sills and  the fine double S2 striping and S2 decals. It would be an upgrade and perfection to an already near perfect looking car.

Geert

I think , I like yellow better than gold Daniel.

My S2.2 left the factory gold .I never seen it that way , since it was imperial green when I bought it.  I am not charmed by gold, although I like the picture with Colin Chapman and the JPS plane. So I have never been sure to invest in a full body resto and gold spray, just because of the gold....

That yellow S2 is gorgeous.

Edited by gvy

Dan, you're right. Gold is a crap colour for an S2. I'm respraying mine to aquamarine purple, with pewter grey highlights. All the rage in 1979!

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

I actually would not mind getting a hold of one of the lotus colour charts to look through to see the difference between all the silvers , greens and golds they did etc, 

Or at some large lotus meet have a line up of every factory colours so you could get a good visual eyeball over the choices that used to be on offer from hethal :)

A

Yes I agree with the comments to paint the sills black, I had them painted white to replicate the S1 as I couldn't find an S1 at the time, I will leave this up to the new owner as its sadly time to sell, I feel sick sending this post as I have spent a lot of time and love into refurbishing this car over the last 6 years especially one with 20k on the clock, wanted to keep as an investment, I've been told to hang on to it as these are starting to rocket up in price and its a bad time to sell, it will be advertised on car and classics in the next few weeks

Very Sad to hear Matt :(  But on a brighter note you still have a dry sump turbo :)  I wish you  the best of luck with the sale and hope you get top money for it  Matt :)

A

On 17/03/2017 at 00:27, Sweatow said:

I bought my S2 about 6 years ago did a full body restoration on it took 4 years on and off, at the time I wanted to replicate the spy who loved me car as I couldn't find an S1 so I got it painted Monaco but was originally silver, thinking now to change it back to silver been quoted £1800 as all the prep work has been done but not sure what to do, as its only done 20k miles (still has the original Avon directional tyres) the interior is mint and the steering wheel is original without hardly any wear, so back to silver original tally or keep it white? ill see if I have photos of the restoration and post them

That's a decent price for a respray @Sweatow

Just make sure you paint as much of it as possible though. Shut lines, interior etc. No point in doing half a job, as you'll never recoup the outlay and effort. Silver is a great colour for the Esprit, and quite rare for the earlier series car I think. The lightness of the colour really showing off the crisp lines in the design, and overall ethos of Lotus.

I can't agree with painting the lower part black, as I think it effects the overall design, but since it's in keeping with the S2's originality I would suggest reverting it back to silver over black if undertaking a respray.

I think Ital Design had a silver S1 on their stand in this photo.

NB. My photos are biased towards S1s ;) 

Ital_Stand.jpg

FB_IMG_1480020227059.jpg

FB_IMG_1484819419718.jpg

• Like 1

nobody for my S2? its a early one, and the price is: negotiable

This S2 on Ebay looks great, with the auction only 1 day to go.

Largely original. Interior complete, apart from original steering wheel.

Dry stored for 20 years, and past owner 4 year.

Body sills are easily reverted to original (underside rivets and mastic under the sill line).

Front spoiler is an easy change also.

AND RHD!

What's not to like?

Only a few of these have come up over the past 12 months, 3 in the UK, and a couple in the US.

If I hadn't bought an S2 last week...

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

:lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

£6,000 for a respray is quite a lot of dosh.

I'm paying a lot less than that.

One of the benefits of living in the North East I think.

On 17/03/2017 at 12:52, gvy said:

I think , I like yellow better than gold Daniel.

My S2.2 left the factory gold .I never seen it that way , since it was imperial green when I bought it.  I am not charmed by gold, although I like the picture with Colin Chapman and the JPS plane. So I have never been sure to invest in a full body resto and gold spray, just because of the gold....

That yellow S2 is gorgeous.

Colorado Orange is the non-Monaco White choice of colour I think.

S1's look amazing in it.

It certainly would be my second choice.

@Moxie has one in Colorado Orange mid-restoration. It's going to be amazing when it's done :)

Tony_K_Car_Party_2013-76.jpg

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That looks sweet.

I do like the S2 chin spoiler. Though I'm coming to terms with the "barge board" S1 original.

I blame you Bibs.

Championship Champagne Gold. 

Obvs. 

Sudders and Dany

Just now, Suddabym said:

I blame you Bibs.

Championship Champagne Gold. 

Obvs. 

The S2 looks great in gold. Though I think silver would also be good, being lighter and be in keeping with the ethos of Lotus. Both seemingly rare colours on the early cars. The S2 on the recent cover of Classic Cars looked great.

4 minutes ago, GTK said:

which colour was it? Oh and is Moxie's car an S1 or an S2?

Gold, if you're referring to the magazine cover (and feature).

Moxie's car appears to be an S1, but with an S2 chin spoiler.

March+2017+cover.jpg

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

That's an S2 on the magazine cover I'm sure as I bought the mag and remember it

Read my post,

Ah, gold.  I wonder if it's a colour that's about to come back into car fashion in a big way?

I'm thinking 720S, Chiron...

Just a thought...that those of us with gold cars (me, basically, and the car mag dude) are in fact ahead of the fashion curve.

Sudders and Dany