free hit
counters
RED S3 ESPRIT ON EBAY NEEDS WORK ! - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

RED S3 ESPRIT ON EBAY NEEDS WORK !

On ebay at the moment ,  Red   A reg S3,    It has stevens esprit front valance and sills fitted and a rather strange custom build tailgate,  But the owner will put an mot on it,  I remember seeing this car at lotusbits a good while ago when picking up some parts.  I think it was one of the members on here before lotus bits as i remember them saying they had nothing to do with the conversion on th interior or exterior lol .  They had plans for it but sold it on the lotusbits, then lotus bits sold it on to the chap who is selling now. 

Could be a cheaper way of getting a G car ,  But looks like it would make a good project as the fellow has the correct sills,valance and tailgate to go with the sale,  minus the tailgate glass,  Just remember that glass is 370 plus vat so not a small item to be missing from the car.  Will be intresting to see what this one sells for, very sad to see it been passed around and not completed.  Maybe its next owner is this cars chance to shine :)   No links as i do not know how to post them !

Also where has the TLF ebay bot gone !  it seems to go on holiday even know and again :ermm:

Barry Kearlly this one is for you.............never mind that  v8  !   :P  

A

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bummer I remember that car  Dan .Long story have put a deposit down on a g car .i would of been interested else .Whish me luck  Mike

Yep, my old S3. Purchased from a guy in East London, many years ago (over 10 years ago). When I sold it, it looked pretty much as it does except dirtier. The water pump had failed, so obviously t

35 minutes ago, cbclotus said:

Bummer I remember that car  Dan .Long story have put a deposit down on a g car .i would of been interested else .Whish me luck  Mike

That's brilliant news mike - bang up some pictures :animier:

Only here once

Nice one Mike.  Spill the beans (when you can!)

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Yep, my old S3.

Purchased from a guy in East London, many years ago (over 10 years ago). When I sold it, it looked pretty much as it does except dirtier. The water pump had failed, so obviously that's done. When they say purchased as a non-runner it was running before the water pump failed, they had a few attempts at starting and found it was a connection problem on the coil, but what they found after that is unknown (think, many years of dirt in carbs, valves getting sticky due to deposits etc) but could have been as simple as pump, belt, plugs and go.

The section of waist-line that's missing was me, reversed my Excel into the S3 at a glancing blow and kept trying to go backwards (more revs, less clutch pedal) as I thought the resistance was just the slope of the drive.

The car mentioned in the original post is this one, not the (likely scam) nice red one that's near perfect.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Esprit-S3-/232272073536?hash=item36147e9340:g:C9AAAOSwYXVYyYBq

A293HPJ

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, andydclements said:

kept trying to go backwards (more revs, less clutch pedal) as I thought the resistance was just the slope of the drive.

Having a moment were we :D

Chances are the reserve will be somewhere not so far from what you sold it for Andy.

Thanks all .Big thank you to Dave Noble .for his help on buying the car .As soon as I have it home I will post some pictures  etc....Thanks ...56 years old now should of kept a lot of the cars I have sold.like many of us .Cheers all Mike