free hit
counters
Ed China to leave Wheeler Dealer - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
pete

Ed China to leave Wheeler Dealer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Dave Eds    136

Edd is a fucking good mechanic.

Ant was a reasonably good goalkeeper.

Evans is a DJ, Le Blanc is an actor, Clarkson is a leg end and Hammond is a.....

• Like 1

silverfrost    984

Yes not sure what it is at the moment ,  First Aron the master mechananic of fast and loud and now Ed leaves wheeler dealers :(

eeyoreish    403

First season of 'Loud and Windy' coming to our screens soon??

• Like 1

ian29gte    1,921

Barry would be a perfect replacement for Ed China and Mike Brewer.

• Like 2

silverfrost    984

I think it would be perfect for Barry too,  all those old cars to fix and a tv company picking up the bill for the parts rather than Barry wallet :P

Not sure who Ant Anstead is, name rings a bell ,  I know the bloke of classic car rescue from the midlands, i.e the guy that alway wears the wooly hat is pretty decent, will search his name on the interwebs :)

Bravo73    437
5 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Not sure who Ant Anstead is, name rings a bell ,

You'll probably recognise him from 'For the Love of Cars'. They recently did a special on a Lotus Elite. 

• Like 1

Trunnion 74    75
5 hours ago, silverfrost said:

I think it would be perfect for Barry too,  all those old cars to fix and a tv company picking up the bill for the parts rather than Barry wallet :P

Not sure who Ant Anstead is, name rings a bell ,  I know the bloke of classic car rescue from the midlands, i.e the guy that alway wears the wooly hat is pretty decent, will search his name on the interwebs :)

Fuzz Townshend

• Like 2

silverfrost    984

Thats the fellow Roland i was thinking about,  Fuzz,  Seems like he would of made a really good choice also imo,  Cheers for the link also Pete on that Ant fellow,  yes have seen him before, also a good choice, so hopefully will still be a good show :thumbup:  somehting  was always wrong with Ed China though,  never trust a man that cant fit inside a lotus esprit :P

• Like 1

silverfrost    984

The think that always made me laugh was they would buy the car for say 1000 quid, spend 1000 pounds on parts and sell it for 2300 pounds saying what a great profit ,  they never used to include labour time, so unless you found a slave to do all the spanner monkeying for free it was always a lost profit lol.   However fantastic show and i will miss Ed China,  but look forward to seeing the new show. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Dave Eds    136

Err, maybe the TV company paid them a few quid!

silverfrost    984

David not sure if that is been sarcastic lol :P  What i mean is the point of the show was about buying cars and doing them up  for a profit,  but never including labour time to come out of the budget was always stupid as in real life no one would graft for free :)

Jacques    534

an okay'ish programme, but once you've watched around 50 episodes, you've seen them all. Time to do something else, I suppose.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• Like 2

pete    517

Could be Mike brewer stitched him up

Escape    333

I never really liked the show. I'm sure Ed is a good mechanic, but the 'sales department' seemed to make sure most of the time only cosmetics and upgrades op dubious nature were done, not address potential real problems or how the cars performed, as long as they looked good enough to sell. If Velocity is cutting back even more on the tech part, Ed made the right decision to leave, before he loses his credibility.

Barrykearley    2,836

Anyone mentioned the blue smoke from the esprit episode yet ??

GTK    208

That poor car turned up just as run down as before they tarted it up didn't it?

Bravo73    437
6 hours ago, silverfrost said:

they never used to include labour time, so unless you found a slave to do all the spanner monkeying for free

The original premise of the programme was aimed at the private car enthusiast  with a garage of tools. Hence the 'buy a car cheap, do it up, flog it on for a small profit' principle. 

Hence the cost of Edd's labour is never accounted for. In much the same way that the 'cost' of the labour of the chap on 'B is for Build' is never accounted for. Because nobody is actually paying for it. 

• Like 2

Barrykearley    2,836

It's the only way I could trade up to an esprit !!

• Like 1