free hit
counters
s1 bottom up project - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
dueporte

s1 bottom up project

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Intresting Jeroen,  Is this to be just colour specs and interior etc or something much more ?

A

That sounds like a great plan Jeroen and can well understand,  good luck on the search and hope you find one to save soon  :thumbup:  

A

Hi Jeroen, have you tried @johnpwalsh of lotus rescue, I know he knows of a couple of LHD S1's. He is currently working away so i am not sure what his internet access is like. Might be worth sending him a PM

KR

Danny

Hi Danny, thanks for the advice. Where can I find him? Do you have an internetaddress or mailaddress for me?

• Like 1

Click on his name in blue in the post above, then click on 'message'. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Cheers Bibs, dont forget I still got your umbrella mate 

I had completely forgotten, at least it's not been raining much! :lol:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Click on his name in blue in the post above, then click on 'message'. 

Yep, succeed !

• Like 2

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 17:11, Dan E said:

Cheers Bibs, dont forget I still got your umbrella mate 

@Bibs - I'm going to take this off Dan. You going to Duxford? I'll give you the cash there if you are.

:thumbup:

Evora NA

I'll pop you 10% of the margin. It'll be in coppers! 

• Like 1

Evora NA

On 23-3-2017 at 15:38, dueporte said:

Hi Danny, thanks for the advice. Where can I find him? Do you have an internetaddress or mailaddress for me?

i know him also Jeroen, i speak sometimes with him on facebook, great Guy,.

• Like 1

There's a red (originally white) S1 on Gumtree UK. Just search 'James Bond' (seriously). On at £15k though.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Hi guys has anyone a s1 ( unfinished) project for sale or knows one for sale or knows anyone who might be interested in selling his?!

Jeroen

Sadly I couldn't come to a deal with brad. So I am still in a urge searching for a restoration object s1. Anyone?

2 hours ago, dueporte said:

Sadly I couldn't come to a deal with brad. So I am still in a urge searching for a restoration object s1. Anyone?

Import one from the US. the steering wheel will be on the correct side for you and it will be cheaper than finding one in the UK. Win win!

• Like 2

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

6 hours ago, dueporte said:

Oh yes I'm trying hard to find one!

But it's difficult to find one for realistic fair prices.

Are you a member of the Yahoo S1S2S3Owners group? The US cars tend to come up on there quite often as it's mainly an American biased group. Somebody finds one on Bring A Trailer and then posts the link there. I think you're a few years too late to pick one up for next to nothing now though. I paid £2,000 for my white\tartan S1 but those days are long gone.

As an example this came up on the Yahoo group and although not 100% stock it wasn't a bad car for under $10k... http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-lotus-esprit-4/

Now on its way to Belgium.

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

The first one we picked up in the States in January this year cost 23K and needed a lot of work. The second one as just over 30K. To find one anything worth buying is going to well over 10K now.

2 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

The first one we picked up in the States in January this year cost 23K and needed a lot of work. The second one as just over 30K. To find one anything worth buying is going to well over 10K now.

I would say the $10k one would be worth it so think there will be a couple of cheap cars still in the states