free hit
counters
Rear ride height - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Rear ride height

I was wondering if anyone has the measurement between the shock absorber mounts to enable me to tighten the bolts on the hubs?

I have had to replace the driveshaft seals and the easiest way to set the ride height is to set the measurement between the shock absorber mounts and then tighten everything up. 

If not, I will have to work out how to load the car up and do it on the ground, which I expect would be a pain in the butt as there will be bloody great wheels in the way.

Thanks.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

A couple of concrete blocks under each wheel will give you plenty of room to work underneath with the suspension loaded. Chock the wheels though, I don't want to get the blame if you suddenly become squashjet.

I have nothing with which to load the car up with at the moment, hence why I asked the question re the length between the shock absorber mounts.

I could potentially load the car up with family members, but I can't change the fuel to half full.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

With an S4 you have a fairly unobstructive bumper back there - I'd just lie on my back and crawl under.

But if you're worried about it collapsing for whatever reason place a jack under the rear hoop. Safety first!

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8