free hit
counters
What are we doing Easter Monday? (17th April) - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What are we doing Easter Monday? (17th April)

As the next '3rd Monday in the month' will be April 17th which happens to be Easter Monday we have some choices to make about the next meeting.

A brief discussion occurred at the end of last meet when...

Buddsy suggested an afternoon run out somewhere...

I suggested maybe Snetterton but there is nothing on their programme between 9th & 22nd so forget that.

Ant was talking about holding a summer BBQ but may be a bit early with weather to do it Easter...

Any suggestions and discussion here please ...

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont know about you buddsy

Chapman said "add lightness" !! 

Here's a clue ...

Posted Images

Just thinking... quite a lot of us now, and at end of last meet Alex Brake of Bird in Hand suggested be good idea to let him know when we are going so he can put it in his diary and reserve tables...  

Easter Monday might be popular for families eating out so just turning up in numbers anywhere might cause a problem....

Whatever happens about the 'afternoon jaunt' should we stick to eating at the BiH in the evening and confirming as early as possible? 

I think confirming a date and numbers asap is a good idea.

Personally going to struggle on EM as kids on holiday. Still keen on the get together at mine over the Summer (more chance of rain lol) but maybe not at Easter.

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

As things stand at the moment it's ok with me. If i am away in the van it will only up on the coast so could drive down from the site. Non Lotus though.

I/we've got to take the daughter back to her digs at Easton between 6 & 9pm on Easter Monday, ready for her course to start again the next morning. Poor planning if you ask me, but it means we'll be in the area so could join in if it's the usual evening get together & nosh. Also happy to consider other options if it's a bad night for others.

Regards, Tim

8 hours ago, phil flash said:

Just thinking... quite a lot of us now, and at end of last meet Alex Brake of Bird in Hand suggested be good idea to let him know when we are going so he can put it in his diary and reserve tables...  

Thats really odd! Is Alex the new owner or something? Or is it the chap Bibs met a couple of years ago when they both sorted the third Monday for us. When we started our meetings at the bird in hand the lady took down my contact details and weve taken the same slot for the last howlong? Maybe 2 years except for decembers when they are understandably busy with xmas bookings. Just seems an odd thing to ask us now?

buddsy 

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Alex's family owned the BiH and he used to be the manager. I believe they sold it last year and he stayed on as manager. I'm not sure why this doesn't still happen but when I've popped along they put this up for me :)

IMAG0917.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

We are not in a position to get a room for us alone as the pub is laid out. If our membership keeps getting better we will have to sort things out.

Alex's family use to own the bird in hand. I think his sisters boyfriend / possible husband bought it. Alex still does some work there and also owns magnitude events. I think he also use to work at Lotus so there are many ties one way or another to us Lotus nuts. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to do the usual 'Bird in Hand for an evening meal' ... but might be an idea to reserve (or two) a table with Alex.

I am away this weekend working much to the annoyance of my wife.  I have just mentioned it on the phone and assuming the weather is OK we will be going out for the day somewhere!!  I therefore am backing out at the moment.  Sorry.

12 minutes ago, Magic Mountain said:

I'm happy to go tonight, is anyone else ????

Bringing your Dad?  He needs a treat after all the work he's put in.