free hit
counters
SOUP - My new series about my Series 2 - Page 11 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GTK

SOUP - My new series about my Series 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

On 20/06/2018 at 09:46, RichardC said:

That was Mark Evans. He also helps poorly animals. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Evans_(TV_presenter)

I think that interference from mainstream TV people would ruin the charm of SOUP.  Best to be your own producer, director and presenter if you know what you're doing, as George clearly does.

Yep. Mar Evans. I think he had a couple of brothers who were also vets. He also built his own Helicopter and Light Aircraft. Also got his private pilot's licence for each one once he built them. used to avidly watch the program as it was  reasonably honest and showed his blunders as well as hints and tips that were not shown in the build manuals.

• Like 1

How was my David Caruso then? 😁

• Haha 1

1690642342_ForumSig200x25TLF.jpg.9e2d1cb238793de9f89fb9465f4722ca.jpg

This is all my minds eye could see :lol:

Sellers_pinkpanther7.jpg

• Love 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

..gutted now, it's been a running joke between me and my dad for years. Wish I'd done it as Clouseau 😄

A great intro and another great episode, George. I could really feel your ‘Tina pain. 

Proper Hollywood that opening, I wanna see the rest of the film :D

Evora NA

:lol:

Evora NA

Still loving these episodes George but we need more Esprit. How else am I going to learn what to do with this? 🤔

image1.jpeg.ffa7fea5f2753e9be2fbc50fa267ee42.jpeg

• Love 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Keep plugging away chap. Some really smart work there.

now get back on the esprit

• Like 1

Only here once

The end is great, too. Low seating position is not always the best. 😂

Watching your episodes makes me miss my ‘84 Rx-7 but also realize how much work is involved to get things right. Really good work.  👍

• Like 1

Yes bring on the esprit 👍

Only here once

100% body off @eeyoreish and imo the white is much more of the era and better looking than the blue ;) Love the tan interior idea. I'm super jealous of the HC engine. I'd love a N/A HC lump for mine.

Great episode George ,  Agree with Bibs great intro, very cool,  especially the number plate on the guitar,

Your show is  always full of retro goodness  :thumbup:

A

13 hours ago, GTK said:

100% body off @eeyoreish and imo the white is much more of the era and better looking than the blue ;) Love the tan interior idea. I'm super jealous of the HC engine. I'd love a N/A HC lump for mine.

Yes, I think white/red decals is the way I'll go. It's just so iconic on the Esprit, partly because of the Bond connection but also it just has such presence with those black bumpers. Even now my more curvy Stevens looks so 'normal' alongside the square edges of the G car.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

So I just discovered SOUP - where and what have I been doing to miss this, God only knows. Watched a bunch of episodes last night and I’m really enjoying it. Good job George , 10 out of 10.  Having seen the interview with Bibs, top bloke - hats off mate,  I’m kinda upset that I couldn’t make it to Tony’s cat party that year to meet him. Anyways keep the espisodes coming. 

• Like 2

Cheers, Gavin

George,   

What about adding some videos of barn finds, projects etc,    The barn find hunter on youtube gets plenty of intrest ?   Maybe do an episode on barn finds ?

You could always ask Mike at lotusbits if you could video some of his projects that are for sale in his lotus graveyard and tie the trip in with some bits for your S2 :thumbup:

• Like 1

A

Yeah but barn finds are hard to find. The reality of the Barn Find Hunter is he's not showing barn finds a lot of the time. It's just cars people have in their garages and have never gotten round to or finished. They're not lost or forgotten about and most importantly they're not unloved. Is my dislike of how the phrase has gotten corrupted showing yet? 😄

It's a holy grail thing that's become a buzz word, it's not just any old yoke that's been lying in a yard for 10 years in plan sight. I do have a friend who has a true find, an early Mini that was hidden inside a derelict supermarket [wtf?] in a small town for over 30 years, genuinely forgotten. The photos of the find alone are amazing. Just haven't gotten to sit down with him yet.

• Like 1

Always think of this chap now when i hear the word Holy Grail car lol.

737776_.jpg.bca969bc763c352d3ba5949d638d2377.jpg

What about seeing if you could get an interveiw with Chapman Jnr at Classic Lotus Racing ?   Would be a nice episode and everyone loves the old lotus eye candy ?

A