free hit
counters
SOUP - My new series about my Series 2 - Page 15 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GTK

SOUP - My new series about my Series 2

Yeah and when you went over a bump the whole platform descended six inches :lol: No way it would have lasted 100m in a Mini, that one was in sporty Nissan belonging to a pal. 

• Haha 1

1690642342_ForumSig200x25TLF.jpg.9e2d1cb238793de9f89fb9465f4722ca.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ever see a grown man play with holes? :innocent:

• Like 1

I just did, and now I can never unsee it.

• Haha 1

Sudders and Dany

Great eps, by the way.  Looking forward to you nailing the Rangey and then switching fire onto the car in the attic. 

Sudders and Dany

16 minutes ago, Suddabym said:

... the car in the attic. 

I'll use that :thumbup:

Speaking of which... there's a bit of elbow grease to go in first, but that build is about to get expensive. 

Expensive?

Tell.

Me.

About.

It.

• Haha 1

Sudders and Dany

The gift that keeps on f'ing me up

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Thanks Bibs

All I'll say is the front end of the RR is a calamity. Will be making phone calls in a week or so to get the Esprit project back in full swing. 

• Like 2

I feel for you George. Painting is hard work. I've done plenty of bits on various cars with rattle cans and spray guns and no matter how careful the prep and management of working conditions it just never seems to go as well as I want. Then there's the misery of bloom, cracking, colour match, unexpected paint reactions....

• Thanks 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Well there's no way I'd call the conditions I set up in were even close to as good as I could have gotten them, actually if there's a win here it's that the results isn't nearly as bad as it probably should have been.

I managed the heat well to make sure there was no bloom. I did get a reaction and subsequently cracking, but that's just on an inconspicuous area and because I sprayed directly over a paint on primer.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Really  enjoying SOUP George  - brilliant stuff. I know very little about car mechanicals so it's been genuinely educational.

Amazing watching you strip down the Esprit bit by bit - not sure how you manage to keep track of everything mate - must be a nightmare lol. 😬The best bit is the stop motion capture - love that - takes me back to Morph! :)

• Thanks 1

TLF Mike, when it's rebuild time I'll just come on sweating people for answers, reference photos and valium. TLF's lousy with valium :innocent:

Thanks mate, I loved Tony Hart when I was a kid, and Morph. So do you think you might be tempted to get something a little older you could tinker with a little? Very rewarding!

I once took and engine apart and put it back together - however a full car would be a massive undertaking for me to be honest. Wouldn't know where to start! You're shows are absolutely brilliant - I've recommended them to a few mates who will check it out. 👍

• Like 1

Deadly thanks a mill! the more the merrier. I've never rebuilt an engine by the way, done a top end but that's as far as it went. So we're quits far as I'm concerned :)

Got the windscreen top frame cut out the last few days and a replacement one back in today, so I'm going at the Range Rover all guns blazing now. Hopefully the windscreen still fits, doesn't break and doesn't leak.

• Like 1

• Love 1

Evora NA

@GTKGeorge - you continue to amaze me and make my shuffling progress somewhat embarrassing!

I appreciate how gutted you must have been to find the rust on the leading edge of the roof but in the event it looks like it did you a favour long term as the roof off and clean up will pay dividends all around in future.

I have to put a new windscreen in my Elite. I'm now trembling lol

Keep it up you legend

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Enjoying watching the Rangie resto. I guess maybe you've sold the Esprit, haven't seen it in a while....🤨

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

8 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

I have to put a new windscreen in my Elite. I'm now trembling lol

Don't the Elite's have a bonded screen? It should be much more black and white a job. Yeah there are some details but the chances of breaking a bonded screen when installing are tiny by comparison. Don't sweat it. [says the guy who's never done it]

1 hour ago, eeyoreish said:

... I guess maybe you've sold the Esprit, haven't seen it in a while....🤨

haha flip off, I don't talk about it in the series but I haven't had a car/insurance of my own for over three years. I'm lost. Got to finish the RR so I can get on with my life as a semi functioning, and credible motoring enthusiast. The Esprit isn't going anywhere, ever

...as in the keys in my cold death grip, and I'll be going out with my eyes open, so I'll be watching.

• Like 1

Was it something I said?

Sudders and Dany

4 hours ago, Suddabym said:

Was it something I said?

I doubt it! George has made a couple of recent Patreon posts in more recent times (given that they pay for the hard work he puts in that seems fair enough). I unfortunately had to call a halt to my patronage (for purely personal reasons) but I hope George is just taking a well deserved rest. After 48 videos of some of the best produced, quality youtube material I have ever seen, I'm continually staggered that the channel has yet to break 10k subscribers.

If my personal circs change any time soon, I will re-contribute via Patreon (personally, and for a number of reasons, I detest the platform but that isn't George's fault).

@GTK Whatever you are upto  - enjoy yourself and come back if and when you want to - much as I miss your regular output, your sanity and welfare is ALL that matters.

• Like 2

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?