free hit
counters
SOUP - My new series about my Series 2 - Page 16 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GTK

SOUP - My new series about my Series 2

Okey dokey then.

(No idea what any of that meant; I just got ‘no Esprit’).

Sudders and Dany

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Awe.

Some.

• Love 1

Sudders and Dany

I don’t know whether to congratulate you on your dogged determination, your single-mindedness, or your video production skills. Ah, sod it, I’ll say congrats on all three. Astonishing work.

By the way, I can also see a career opportunity for you making blues-based, Deep South, juke-joint and bar room ads for Jack Daniels, with a road-worn desert-burst Les Paul and a Fender Twin.

• Thanks 1

Margate Exotics.

@GTK I've been watching you progress since day one. Even without all the other 'side projects' (🤣!!), what you have achieved here is nothing short of amazing and truly inspirational. I can't believe you did what you did with such a shite welder lol

To see all the Range Rover work condensed into 1.5hrs of Video must make you wonder where nearly 3 years has gone. Given my own personal battles with my project and knowing how low you can get - I WILL come to Ireland before I die and buy you a lot of Guinness.

I'm really glad you've taken some time recently for your own personal stuff - if this compilation doesn't add multitudes of subscribers to your channel then there is no justice in the World.

Good on you mate - keep it up

Ant

• Thanks 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Mesmerising George. 111/10, couldn't take my eyes of the whole video. Epic work. 

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

George, that is brilliant, I am a quarter of the way through, I  think I need to find someone who can sell me a couple of joints, Dark Side of the Moon playing and a very nice Chablis sitting in the sun. I am going to save it for Saturday now. 

#wheredoyougetajointthesedays

i assume Margate @Chillidoggy

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GTK said:

It's supposed to inspire you to fix car things, not get binned on a Thursday eve. Wait what am I saying? One and pass Dan...

Thanks lads, couldn't do it without TLF [Bibs] and you know what this means don't you... it's Esprit time 🤘🏼😎

Haven’t smoked a joint in 25 years and I don’t want to put @Sparky out of work, when I say out of work I mean trying to get him to stop drinking gin and to sort my TE and him to do it not wearing shorts which is proving an issue.

• Haha 1

So hard to get good help these days 😋

Just so long as @Sparky isn't donning crocs.

He'd rock a pair of crocs. 

I emailed every major UK car magazine and website I have contacts for yesterday about the vid, I hope some of them have picked it up.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

No way! I have to start referring people to TLF as my representation. Seriously. Nobody better to tell you to f'off than Bibs smoking a cigar 🤩. Jalopnik picked it up again, made my day seeing it on there, and the chaps at MotorPunk [good guys] did a bit on it too. Have gotten a good pick up in subs, a long way to go still but it feels great to have a little traction. Thanks a mill dude.

PS - No one 'rocks' Crocs. http://www.jaketindle.co.uk/man-buys-crocs-immediately-admits-ive-given-life/

• Like 1

I'm at that age.

As I admitted at the last Xmas bash, I have been a worm and failed miserably to read this thread. I've been a bit busy with cars and gin, honest.  So as soon as I finish my Summer workload, I'm going to settle down to this for the winter.  Looking forward to it!  I'm more of a binge watcher anyway; too impatient for serials.

• Like 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Did that include Octane @Bibs?

If not, I'll ping it over to my friend Sanjay, about time I caught up with him anyway...(assuming he's still there, that is)

He expressed interest in doing a piece on mine as & when I got it sorted, but as I'm not quite there yet....

• Like 1

I did email Octane but feel free to yourself :thumbup:

• Like 2

Evora NA

BIG congrats to @GTK for 527,000+ views in 5 days! Looking forward to this tipping over 1m shortly, so well deserved :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

Evora NA

Now 533k views and an uplift from 9,800 subscribers to over 21k!

It must have been my tweet to my 45 followers wot done it 😂

Seriously though - good stuff @GTK - just hope this doesn't start a pattern of you disappearing for months at a time, coming back with a monster episode on a quarterly basis!!

GL

• Haha 2

Brilliant video - cannot believe the work that has gone into both the car and the filming - looks fantastic.... Looking forward to the S2 with a surf board on its roof as well... 

PS - my boards won't fit on the Esprit 😕

2 hours ago, GTK said:

PS - my boards won't fit on the Esprit 😕

Yeah they will 👍👍

Only here once

My more conventional board is 9'6" and relatively light. That might go on with a soft rack, but soft racks mark paint. My most fsvoured weapon of choice [the one on the Vogue in the vid thumbnail] well that's affectionately known as the 12ft of Justice. Esprit's are 13ft long. Even if I could tie it down securely enough, the wind would get under it and flip the car 😄

So no Bo Selecta fans then? 😅

Go @GTK - would love this to top 1m views. 668k and counting (+25k subscribers now!)

I've only watched the video about 854 times - come on the rest of you, try harder!

• Like 2

Awesome George,  So pleased you are now back at it with the Esprit,   That chassis was in such good condtion rust wise,  such a shame those bodge it and scarper merchants cut those section out to repair a coolant leak !

Top Marks to the Shot blast guy,  he did a fantastic Job,  and great news about your new patrons and the new welder,   really looking forward to seeing the repairs on the chassis.

Good luck and looking forward to the next video,  nothing better like seeing Esprit bare chassis and bodyshells during restos

• Like 2

A