free hit
counters
SOUP - My new series about my Series 2 - Page 19 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

SOUP - My new series about my Series 2

Use it to chop up a bit of wood to stand on, just in case :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been waiting for today for over a year so with quite a bit of trepidation... I want to show you the first episode of the story of my classic cars. It's the beginning of life with my Esprit even t

Hi all, I've been neglecting TLF for too long but I've been back to work on the Esprit and from now on, it's Lotus all the way until I get my first drive      

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Just watched my weekly fix of Soup to keep me motivated on my own project.

Had you considered Q-max cutters for doing the sheet metal holes @GTK@?

I don't know what thickness of steel you're using there but they do punch a very neat hole. Only cuts a set size so not quite as flexible as a the step cutters you used, but if there are sizes you regularly cut they're excellent in my experience.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

15 hours ago, Bibs said:

Use it to chop up a bit of wood to stand on, just in case :lol:

😅

14 hours ago, tomcattom said:

...Had you considered Q-max cutters... I don't know what thickness of steel you're using...

I'd love a few of those but I'm on a budget so I'm just using what I can put my hands on. There are nice ones that punch and then dimple die at the same time. 

Fantastic videos as usual George 👍

Handy tip about using a ballpoint pen on the metal too. Can I suggest investing £1 in a Sharpie to write 'good panel' on the right one? (too early..?)

• Haha 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

On 22/02/2021 at 18:31, eeyoreish said:

...Can I suggest investing £1 in a Sharpie to write 'good panel' on the right one? (too early..?)

😁

I'm way ahead of you on that one, got a little trick up my sleeve ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoyed this one...

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks esteemed 'Flounder' :lol:

6 hours ago, NedaSay said:

Hey George any news from that welder?

It landed and has been put to work on the chassis! Today is a big one actually, all going well I'll paint the inside of the backbone, do some welding practice and then seal it up for good.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Good luck on the welding!! I think your chassis work is fantastic to watch... 

not to say the rest is not also fantastic, but watching you re-make the cradle was impressive... 

• Thanks 1

I know I should be watching the full back catalog instead of chipping the ice deck off the driveway, but is there a list of all the SOUP episodes with Esprit content?

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, Bibs said:

Enjoyed this one...

@GTKGeorge, what a lovely video. Enthralling as usual. It was a pleasure getting such an insight into your experiences and history. Loved it.

• Thanks 1
On 16/03/2021 at 16:57, snowrx said:

I know I should be watching the full back catalog instead of chipping the ice deck off the driveway, but is there a list of all the SOUP episodes with Esprit content?

Well I should probably tell you to go back and do your homework, but I realised that many just won't bother so I started to recap the Lotus work in a dedicated run of videos starting with episode 62

On 16/03/2021 at 14:05, skiing said:

...watching you re-make the cradle was impressive... 

I don't think I've ever gotten job satisfaction from anything in the past like I've gotten from that cradle. It's been a recurring source of joy! Thanks Henry

On 16/03/2021 at 20:16, RobinB5 said:

@GTKGeorge, what a lovely video....

Thanks Robin

• 1 month later...