free hit
counters
SOUP - My new series about my Series 2 - Page 6 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GTK

SOUP - My new series about my Series 2

Cheers Bibs - and I wholeheartedly agree regarding the Patron bit. Well worth supporting in my humble opinion.

Another good one George - cheers

Ant

• Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks fellas, just touched down in London. Headed for the Autosport Awards on Sunday night, I doubt there's any point in even trying to get the camera in the door, but beforehand I plan on making like James Bond and wrecking everywhere I go [in my tux].

Hey and remember... scarfs aren't just for necks :whistle:

Bibs, George I am in, will sort this over the weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Danny! 

Edit: didn't know what to say earlier; I don't push the Patreon thing because it's very much a you feel it or you don't kinda thing. Giving the people a little recognition is as loud as I want to bang that drum. 

How could you?

Stopping half way through a great piece on fibreglass repair.

Can't wait to see the rest. Despite what you may think about the production, these episodes just get better and better. Keep 'em coming.

:) 

lol... executive decisions had to be made, would have been an hour long with everything left in. Really love that bit too... it is rough though

On 19/10/2017 at 10:22, Bravo73 said:

... I ordered a copy of "And the Revs keep rising" off abebooks.com last night. I look forward to reading it.

Hey Jonny did it ever arrive?

Yep. Not had a chance to start it though. 

• Like 1

Superb. Loved the fibregalss info and will be certain to use what I have learned from this. 

:) 

• Like 2

Thanks George that popped my boys head 👍

Super video George,  

Always look forward to updates on your channel, keep up the great work,   Also probably one of the best fiberglass instruction videos i have seen as you ask the right questions that folks want to know and your mate gives the answers in clear laymans terms which is nice   :thumbup:

Can't believe you took a hammer to it but that does show the strength of a good repair. Very impressive stuff. :)

haha yeah we didn't get too technical. Had to hit it too, for me it was really more to show how durable fibreglass is. Bill was telling me the Esprit is way thicker than modern Lotuesesses, he sees quite a few as you might imagine. Not surprised about the thickness really but interesting. Actually when I had a pal do a paint-less panel repair on one of my Minis he said the same thing, the steel in the Classic Mini shell [the one in question was a '98] is much much thicker than what they used even in the '90's, so it was much more difficult to work.

Glad Beau liked it Dan, the car is stunning - between yours and Matthias's gold S2 I was spoilt. Not sure what I'm going to do for the next episode, Christmas period was very quiet in terms of people getting in touch. Have great stuff in the can interview wise though ;)

Tim I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with your garage. Dreaming about building my own too. 

Another great episode George, I have finally remembered to giving you some support via Patreon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're a legend Andrew, thank you.

Another great episode George, really enjoying the series.

I just watched the episode while sitting in my hotel room in Costa Rica. My ‘Soup’ t-shirt even made the trip with me!

Simon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That made my day Simon! That's as good as seeing my 2yr old nephew in a SOUP tee. What colour did you get? 

18 hours ago, GTK said:

That made my day Simon! That's as good as seeing my 2yr old nephew in a SOUP tee. What colour did you get? 

Hi George

I got the charcoal grey t-shirt. Great colour and the t-shirt feels like really good quality. Think I will order another :-)

Simon

• Like 1

Deadly! Thought it was a smart combo. I'm seriously struggling with the urge to ask you to pm me a pic :lol: 

"...and that was the day that TLF slipped into the nefarious underworld of dogging."

Enjoy the holiday man!

• Haha 2