free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit Turbo 1988 Excellent Condition - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Esprit Turbo 1988 Excellent Condition

Lotus Esprit Turbo from 1988 in excellent condition.  Since i bought the car 18 months ago it has undergone a large amount of work with Max at Lakeside Engineering, and then Max’s new place in Guildford, i asked him to do everything he felt the car needed to make it mechanically very well sorted. It is now a fantastic Esprit to drive. Cosmetically it’s not perfect yet, but the new owner will start with a mechanically great car.  I’m selling because i have another Esprit and an Elan to maintain.

The paintwork is good but showing age, with a few small marks and scratches, you have to get close to see them and they don’t really come out in the pictures. The leather seats are showing their age and could do with a retrim. The cabin carpet is good, the boot carpet is a bit tatty and could do with replacing, the headlining and visors have just been retrimmed. The driver side window lift motor isn’t working.  Considering the amount i’ve spent on getting all the mechanical work up to spec i now have to let it go and focus on other things.

Lakeside and Max 500 have done the following engine out work –
  • Full C service including cam belt and other belts.
  • Fitted new stainless fuel tanks, both sides.
  • New clutch slave cylinder.
  • Overhauled clutch master cylinder.
  • Overhauled carburetors.
  • New distributor.
  • New brake pipes.
  • Overhauled brakes.
  • New water pump.
  • New fuel pump.
  • New tailgate gas struts.
  • New headlamp motor control unit and overhauled motors.
  • New trim headlining and sun visors.
  • New oil filter.
  • New air filter.
  • Overhauled aircon.
  • New rear tyres.
  • New (original) steering wheel and centre pad.
The previous owner (i bought via the lotus forum) had a large amount of work completed at South West Lotus Centre in 2009 including the following –
  • New Exhaust manifold.
  • New clutch.
  • New disc brakes and callipers all round.
  • New Esprit S4 wheels.
  • Various other jobs.
The previous owner then shipped the car to Copenhagen with the intention of converting to LHD but never got round to it, stored it indoors, so i bought it and brought it back to the UK re-registering it with the DVLA. This is why the online mot history has a gap.
I have a huge folder of paperwork including pretty much all service and MOT history from its first registration in 1988, to the period it was in Copenhagen, and the most recent work.
The odometer shows just under 25,000 miles, however the odometer was changed in 2009 when the paperwork shows just over 60,000 miles, so the car has actually done 85,000 miles.
Sensible offers considered.

The post Lotus Esprit Turbo 1988 Excellent Condition appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

Click to view item

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Putting my hand up, this is mine, i've spent a huge amount on mechanical work, have really enjoyed experiencing the progress and love driving her, but have to draw the line and focus on other stuff!  I think i'm being realistic about it, i'm not in it for a profit, i'm happy to accept an offer if it goes to someone who will really enjoy her.  If i don't get any offers in a few days i'll pop it on ebay.

• Gold FFM

It's Kim's old car....... my gosh I so nearly went and bought this one before my red one. 

Its sure had a lot done to it over the years - gotta be a good one

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Bloody wish I'd have done that..... I had a two hour long discussion with the missus over that car!! Apparently me going on a two/three day piss up was not acceptable

• Like 2

Only here once

• 3 weeks later...

Back from holiday, dropped the price a bit to 18k http://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/lotus-esprit-turbo-1988-excellent-condition/

I notice there's a nice looking black Stevens n/a also for sale at the moment, nice to see another rare early S car in black and without additions like the wing.

22 hours ago, franjipane said:

I notice there's a nice looking black Stevens n/a also for sale at the moment, nice to see another rare early S car in black and without additions like the wing.

And what a stunning car that is, Malcolm has worked miracles on it :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sold via Pistonheads for a decent price and to a very nice and genuine chap, who will hopefully be on here at some point.  I'll be sad to see her go, but she's now an absolute animal that the new owner can finish up the cosmetic work on and enjoy without too much grief, and for that i'm happy.