free hit
counters
Injector 'jumper' removal / bypassing - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Injector 'jumper' removal / bypassing

On my '89 non-SE, do the injector 'jumpers' exist in order to allow high impedance injectors to be used? If so, where are they specifically located and how are they removed / bypassed?

Thanks, Lee

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the 01228707 ecu has the same pinouts as the 2.0l Sunbird Turbo ecu then the injector jumpers will be C13 / C15 and D5 / D6. If the code is like the SE's then it needs to be hacked to prevent error 65 occurring.

The Sunbird (and 4.3L Syclone / Typhoon) uses the 01228749 ecu which is similar to the 01228707 ecu.

The jumpers are external. The unknown item is which pins of the jumpers need to be grounded for saturated injectors. On the Syclone / Typhoon (which uses saturated injectors) pins D7 and C13 are grounded. D7 is tied internally to D6. See the schematic here for more detail http://www.exatorq.com/ludis_obd1/1227749schematic.html

Edited by sailorbob

Probably not on an Esprit, it's been done many times on GM cars.

On the 01228749 schematic connector J4 is the internal Memcal socket.

Also, if changing injectors then the following ought to be adjusted in the calibration as they will have different characteristics to the low impedance OE injectors. If they have the same flow as the OE injectors this probably means just the asynchronous pulse max / min values, the two injector offset vs voltage functions and possibly the 'Fuel Pump Compensation for Voltage' and 'Injector Offset vs BPW' functions. If the flow is different then the 'Base Pulsewidth Constant' will need changing too.

• Gold FFM

We've discussed the differences between the 4 connector ECU on the Esprit 'SE' and the 3 connector version on the 'S' back when Barry had his red S. I seemed to recall the differences were small, but I can't recall the details. My manual doesn't include the wiring schematics for the non-intercooled 4-cilinder.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.