free hit
counters
Traction control light intermittently switching on - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Traction control light intermittently switching on

Hi all, 

I've had a look through the forum and can't seem to find a thread or similar issue so looking for some guidance.  

When i was in traffic a few weeks ago my traction control light switched itself on. I turned the dial to sport and the sport light didn't come on but the throttle sharpened. I thought it was just a light issue but it keeps coming on and off intermittently in traffic or when slow moving, its fine if i start up and get moving straight away, in London thats not often! There seemed to be no impact on the performance so I tested to see if the traction control was actually off and turns out it is, stumped. 

Will take it down to B&C and the weekend but looking to see if anybody has seen this before and could offer some advice?

Adam   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on this was the issue. It actually kicked my car into limp home mode this week as it confused the computer and thought it was a throttle sensor error so not one to leave. Sorted now though after

I seem to remember on the Evora this could happen if the steering wheel position sensor needed re-calibrating. B&C will sort it in short order I'm sure.

Oh, and lolz to...

15 minutes ago, agl89 said:

I tested to see if the traction control was actually off and turns out it is

:lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks everyone, at least I know its not something major with the traction control system or something like that. Will see what B&C say on Friday. 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2017 at 22:43, Rancid said:

Had the same on my old V6S - it was a brake sensor switch on the brake pedal.

Spot on this was the issue. It actually kicked my car into limp home mode this week as it confused the computer and thought it was a throttle sensor error so not one to leave. Sorted now though after a day at B&C and wasn't too sore on the wallet. 

• Like 1