free hit
counters
Intake duct to airbox hose(s) - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Intake duct to airbox hose(s)

Wondering if anyone has any info on the hose(s) in the attached pic.  Specifically, the hose's inner diameter, length, etc...  Curious if the duct's outlet diameter remained the same from the chargecooled 4cyl to V8 model change.  Part number A918E0246F.  

Thanks so much guys!

Craig

42_01b.gif

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It looks like a common-ish Lotus part according to this:

https://picclick.co.uk/Lotus-Esprit-Elite-Eclat-Air-Intake-Hose-A918E0246F-272531413564.html

I will get the calipers and tape measure out later and measure up for you as I have a boot furtling session to do.

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Very kind...  Thank you!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

Sorry Craig - I thought they were visible but no - completely buried and difficult to get to without some substantial dismantling. However, @Steve V8 might be able to assist, he is in the throes of pulling his V8 block?

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Sorry Craig - I thought they were visible but no - completely buried and difficult to get to without some substantial dismantling. However, @Steve V8 might be able to assist, he is in the throes of pulling his V8 block?

Just got in, mines in a box on the garage floor waiting to be transferred to the Lotus parts storage facility AKA the attic.

I'll go measure it now.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

I appreciate the effort!

Craig

Helps a bunch!  Thanks again!!

Craig

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Top job Steve and thanks! Hey, less of the "old". I prefer "older".

What's your ETA for getting back on the road bud?

No problem Alan, that's what the forum is all about isn't it?

Unfortunately my Dad has just been diagnosed as being terminally ill, so the refurb on the car has had to take a back seat for the time being, having said that, it's nice to go out to the garage and do a bit on the car, it takes my mind off the bad stuff for a moment. :(