free hit
counters
Lotus Esprits Selling fast or not fast? - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tocus

Lotus Esprits Selling fast or not fast?

@Tocus - have you considered selling the RHD cars to a UK dealer? I'm sure you'll still get more for them selling to a dealer than some tire kicker over there who will use that bullshit excuse of the "wheel being on the wrong side" to gouge you for price.

Anyone complaining about the wheel side is buying the car for the wrong reasons.... 

When I sell my SE I intend only to find buyers in the UK. Eventually you'll find someone who will fly out to you. It's not unreasonable. After all I've flown around Europe to find the right Esprit before - first in 2012 when I went from London to Devon to Plymouth and then again in 2015 when I went to France to see a very nice V8....

With that said, anything will sell if the price is right. And my theory thus far has been that prices have risen, but nobody is buying, because it's all a sham. Prices might have gone up a bit, but not like what we see on mobile.de (a.k.a. Dreamland as I call it).

There's a V8 here in Stockholm with no miles on it, perfect condition, but asking like 50 000 EUR. It's been there for ages. If they'd flog it for 37 500 I bet they'd see a different outcome.

Last summer a RHD S2 sold on our equivalent to Gumtree in under 12 hours for 14 000 EUR. It was perfect condition but the seller couldn't be bothered with the hassle of finding buyers over a long time. Ad went up at 23:00, by 07:00 when I was frantically trying to get hold of the seller saying I'll take it, turns out it had already been sold the night before, without viewing. The buyer just sent the money, and that was that. 

Dump the prices and see what happens. As long as you get your money back, right?

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

i am pretty certain no UK dealer would pay 25000 for the RHD one.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I am a roofworker thats my Job. lotus is just a big love from me, i dont have a girlfriend, so thats why i have my lotus cars! maby i should start up a lotus esprit service dealer, because there are many lotus guys with a company, and they dont want to work on a old esprit, right now i have a LHD 1984 esprit from a guy from belgium inside my garage, he just have searched 3 years for the right men who builds his engine in, and thats me, he happy, i also happy, its a big job to build in a UK engine inside a USA car, but i will arrange it, it will left my garage in good oder!

• Like 1

Bauke I know having been over to visit you when considering buying one of your Esprits, that you only do the selling as a hobby which is fair enough by me. What the guys are suggesting though is that you become a Full Forum Member - would probably be beneficial to you too.

All the best mate:) 

yess guys and mates thats no problem, i really like this forum and thats why i also want to pay 20 GBP for it no problem, its a thing that this forum exist,

and also a lot of lotus lovers here, mod. please send me a PM how i could send the money over, by IBAN i hope............

• Like 2

It's even cheaper for you as well ..... cash up fella

Only here once

Didn't think it would be difficult to get Bauke signed up as a FFM - think it was just the language barrier and the use of "FFM" all the time that wasn't helping......

Good work Bauke:)

• Like 1

Thanks Guy's

i am happy to be a full member, and i will be more happy to see you all @ Lotus Festival end of the summer,

tomorrow a dutch guy comes over for my S2 esprit, he is really serious so lets see if he buy it from me,

The Full Forum Mafia strilke again!

:) 

It's getting there......

Lucas from Dartford has bought the blue Turbo Pete......

• Like 1

and i still have the both cars for sale....

but i have change my mind, i keep the black / gold turbo, and sell only my Overhauled S2. so if there is anybody out there who looks for a complete rebuild S2 esprit LHD

i have one for sale, but it needs only a respray, (and building up work after the respray ofcourse)

Hopefully it will go to somebody on this forum,

In reply to Pete and the question asked by this thread:

It helped that I could drive an hour to see it rather than across the continent and also it is (as far as I could see) in immaculate condition. I've seen the tatty cars but I have my '77 Daimler coupe to work on and wanted something that doesn't need me to respray, reassemble or touch up (the Ice Blue car has two chips in the paint but they really aren't worth worrying about.) Furthermore, it had the advantages of low ownership and the service book had stamps and bills that corroborated the mileage and usage. To add to that their was a bit of provenance with a letter confirming it to be 1 of 6 in '82 motor show spec and as a result fully optioned. The dark leather was preferable to the magnolia that never seems to age very well but the key part of that MS spec was the Ice Blue paint which was stunning to behold and it seems relatively uncommon. All in all I asked myself if I  was likely to find a better all original unmolested G Turbo and I concluded that the likelihood was low.

• Like 1

picking it up tomorrow, will post some

• Like 1

Hi Lucas .....Hope you enjoy your new Esprit .Looks a great car .....Great colour combination ....Look foreward to seeing some pictures ....Mike

Its really simple the price must match the condition, model & Spec (+a bit of luck always helps). :-)

Cheers Mike

Just caught up with this thread. Interesting. Seems like you've been rumbled.

If you're such an enthusiast @Tocus why have you not honoured your sale last August? Preferring to walk away with a shrug of your shoulders. You're more Arthur Daley swindling THIS enthusiast who is trying to put a great Esprit back on the road. I've also learnt that I'm also not the only one. Perhaps you love your Euros more than Lotus cars? Cough up mate, and help me put this motor back on the road. After all, your reputation needs a boost.

If you were such an enthusiast you'd do a lot of the work yourself, rather than taking the credit for other people's work. Such as the LHD S2, and your prized Compomotive wheels.

Unimpressed of North Yorkshire.

• Like 1