free hit
counters
Lotus Esprits Selling fast or not fast? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tocus

Lotus Esprits Selling fast or not fast?

Hi Guys,

i have qeustion for you, i have sold before (the last 3 years) esprits, and they sell good, and fast,

but right now i still have 2 for sale, but they are allready a half year for sale, i dont get it, the prices rise,

i know the prices very well, i ask just a normal price for what you will get, but they dont sell, very strange,

many interested people also enough e-mails, (spent hours and hours on sending e-mails back)

but nobody comes over, a couple of month's ago i had 3 people for my black / gold Esprit turbo (with the compomotive's under it)

but nobody showed up!

and also my S2, its maby a LHD. (but not a USA car!) so pretty rare, also dont sell,

maby thats all about that this car needs a respray. but then also i ask 25k euro (price is still negotiable)

but the car has got a complete rebuild, (all bolts and nuts where lose from the chassis and build up again from 0 to that the body could go back on)

so its just a new car, but it still needs the respray and building up after the respray, lets say the respray cost 5k then the car cost 30k

you build it up by yourselfs (lights doors, bumpers and so on) and you can make money out of it, (i dont have time to finish this car)

but nobody show's up..............

still i am thinking its very strange at this time the value's are getting very high for a esprit, maby i still must have to wait....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Personally would not pay that money for a car needing to be sprayed.Would be more interested at 30 with a spray done. Not having the time sounds an excuse people are not interested in unless car is cheap enough which it isn't. Over here a proper respray is nearer 10 than 5

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

i have right now a car inside my workshop from a Belguim owner, i am working on that one, its been resprayd, it looks GREAT! and it cost him 2.500 euro,- so i know i can get a good respray for 5k.

but allright the most of the interested people want a complete done car, then this S2 is worth around 35.000 - 40.000 euro

Also think about the time of year Tocus. We're not quite there yet for the spring and good weather spur (although one of my Dutch colleagues commented on Tuesday that it was "skirt day" in the Netherlands, the first nice day of the year ha ha). If you started advertising them in October it probably wasn't the right time.

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Never had an issue flogging either of mine - but they never sold at dealer prices......

• Like 1

Only here once

No well they wouldn't Mr Kearley. Any prospective owners had already read all about them and your engaging love/hate relationships with them on here!

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

£25 is hard to find in these tough economic times chap :whistle:

Only here once

Whatever else has been said here, I sympathise with Tocus if viewing is arranged, and then people don't turn up to see the car. If they're not interested, then it's a simple phone call as a matter of courtesy.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Agreed with Ian and selling cars generally is a pain. I was lucky and have been as every car I've ever sold, the first person to contact me has bought my cars. My Evora retained my 100% record. I really look after them so it shows when I go through the whole car with the prospective buyer. I go into every detail about every mark or niggle that may be present.

Good luck Bauke with your sales, I hope they sell soon!

Yes it is annoying when people don`t turn up but unfortunately that is not unusual and if you are going to travel to Holland you are going to serious about buying which a lot of the people e mailing and ringing are not,

Going back to yous adverts Bauke i see your s2 is priced at 25,000 pounds when on march16th you said in "s2 esprit for sale" that it was 23,500 euros.Also it is not until the very bottom of a long advert that you add it is missing a front bumper,needs a re-spray, and needs putting back together so would need to be trailered back to England. Is also LHD which makes it more difficult to sell here.

The advert for the black 85 esprit also mentions JPS which it isnt,says original bbs wheels which they aren`t,says the price is 24.600 pounds or 28,999 euros which is it and how original is the rest of the car? And the louvres need a respray.

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

15 hours ago, stradman said:

Well not sure how they are selling but this advertisor isn't phased

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C853143

It always makes me giggle when people list anything as an "investment that will only go up".

So why the Fudge are they selling? Don't they want money?

And if it's only going one way why not keep it. Cars are to be enjoyed surely.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I imagine they do, but maybe their other investments have not performed as well, or perhaps they need to liquidate assets for hard cash. I reckon they're only investments if you don't drive them.

Or maybe they've just had a gut-full of laying underneath it.

Margate Exotics.

10 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Whatever else has been said here, I sympathise with Tocus if viewing is arranged, and then people don't turn up to see the car. If they're not interested, then it's a simple phone call as a matter of courtesy.

and the problem is, the most interested people are inside the UK. and then its a big trip to come over for viewing i know

9 hours ago, pete said:

Yes it is annoying when people don`t turn up but unfortunately that is not unusual and if you are going to travel to Holland you are going to serious about buying which a lot of the people e mailing and ringing are not,

Going back to yous adverts Bauke i see your s2 is priced at 25,000 pounds when on march16th you said in "s2 esprit for sale" that it was 23,500 euros.Also it is not until the very bottom of a long advert that you add it is missing a front bumper,needs a re-spray, and needs putting back together so would need to be trailered back to England. Is also LHD which makes it more difficult to sell here.

The advert for the black 85 esprit also mentions JPS which it isnt,says original bbs wheels which they aren`t,says the price is 24.600 pounds or 28,999 euros which is it and how original is the rest of the car? And the louvres need a respray.

yess i agree with you, but there are so many new parts on the black turbo, and the car looks and runs so nice!

and yess its not a JPS but it has the JPS colours, thats what i mean,

about the S2. it needs work yess, thats where the price also is, the LHD EU. cars are rare, and also LHD should be no problem for the UK guy;s because many USA S1 cars went to the UK

because the RHD orginal UK S1 cars are gone.... also the S2 cars are almost gone or at a lotus lover, i have many RHD i really dont care about that,

but maby i have now a buyer for the S2 and also one for the Turbo, we will see, i am also thinking about a respray on the black turbo to copper fire red, then with this right wheels i make a bond replica,

or just selling, i must think about that, and i dont have much time, and to many cars hahaha

• Like 1

Five years ago i sold my Renault Alpine within two weeks because i wanted an Esprit S2.

Three years ago i sold my Esprit S2 within three days because i wanted an Esprit S4.

And last year i sold my S4 within two days!

All these cars were almost in top condition with a fair price (but not cheap) and LHD(European) no import.No oil drops or rust under the car.New bushes, dampers,sandblastet and coated suspensions all around....

Potential buyers including myself want a car to drive and polish it on a sunny sunday morning, take a chair and simply enjoy.They dont want a car which needs respray or anything else and its hard to sell a car when the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

I think the really good cars are sold out.The Internet is full of scrap.

Tocus, i dont know the condition of your Esprit.On the photos it looks good.

Good luck with the sale

• Like 2

i know how hard it is to sell a "wrong side steering wheel" here in holland , germany and belguim (and other country's) but still a good RHD G turbo is worth more and sells better then

a Stevens Turbo from 1990.... and that stevens is a LHD. guys love the shape of the G turbo and i really love the essex ! one day LHD or RHD i dont care it will be inside my garage,

i just turned 30 so i still have enough time to find one!

I just see FFM as the responsible community thing to do. Bit like paying your taxes really :lol:

Its really not expensive and helps to ensure this great site continues 

• Like 2

Only here once

I'm not sure this thread is going the way the OP originally thought it would.:turned:

Personally, I'd have though that Advertiser level is the correct one as there are far more adverts for cars or spares than any of the official advertisers on here - without paying any taxes as @Barrykearley terms it.

• Like 2