free hit
counters
World of Supercars Show, Knockhill - 23rd July 2017 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

World of Supercars Show, Knockhill - 23rd July 2017

• Gold FFM

Don't be put off by the title - it's open to sports, super and hyper cars alike.

At last year's inaugural event, cars taking part ranged from the likes of this..........

58e2ad291f161_knockhillevent1.jpg.fc449159c1eb4fb672a489e62cd6978b.jpg

to these.............

58e2ad5313e78_knockhillevent2.jpg.0a41ea164322d6c0e1aaecba21f846a6.jpg

..........and a good cross-section of most things in-between.

Entry to the display arena is FREE for each car and 2 occupants, and includes an all-day supply of complimentary tea and coffee at the Media Centre. The cars will be parked within fenced-off areas, entry to which will be controlled by wristbands issued to drivers and passengers, so offering the cars a reasonable level of protection from greasy fingerprints or worse. Every car will have the opportunity to take part in some parade laps around the circuit.

If you require additional tickets for family or friends, these can be pre-booked at the time of initial registration for the discounted price of £10 per person, a saving of £8 on the pay at the gate price on the day. Other optional add-ons available when you register are a Hospitality Package at £50 per person or, if you feel that the controlled parade laps will be a bit too leisurely for you, a 'Trackday' upgrade entitling you to 3 x 15 minute full-on lapping sessions can be booked for £75.

To register for this event, please use the form in the link below. I've arranged with the organisers to have an area designated for Lotus parking - to ensure that you get allocated to this, please insert "David Boyd Lotus Gathering" in the 'Additional Vehicle Information' section of your registration form and also post your intention to attend in this thread to give me an idea of who to expect in our little enclave. If you've got in quick and already registered prior to reading this thread, please let me know and I'll liaise with the Knockhill to have you directed to our parking slot.

https://www.knockhill.com/events/showcars/supercars

The gates open at 08.00 for entrants and all cars must be parked-up no later than 10.00, with the event scheduled to finish around 16.30 to 17.00. Despite the somewhat inclement weather last year (unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a sunny weather pre-booking option available this year either) I think everybody who attended had an enjoyable day nonetheless. Here's hoping 2017 will see a healthy selection of Lotus variants displayed under a cloudless sky.

• Al. pinned this topic

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh oh!  Whoops.  Too late!    We already have a 26m x 12m hole in the middle.  Still haven't figured out why my feet aren't getting wet.  One of life's mysteries......... The sea is a lovely

A quick google came up with this from last year which should help: http://www.knockhill.com/wordpress/2016/07/world-of-supercars-event-sponsored-by-autoglym-at-knockhill-2016/

I've registered for this event David.

Posted Images

Thanks David for taking this on.    Good luck.  Unfortunately I'll be away playing at drilling boats so can't make it.  Maybe next year.  I've pinned this for you so will not slip down.

Cheers,

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Al. said:

I'll be away playing at drilling boats so can't make it. 

Er, won't drilling a boat make it sink?  Just saying....  Mind you as long as its summer the sea will be warm, I believe sharks prefer their meat slow broiled...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Oh oh!  Whoops.  Too late!  :whistle: 

We already have a 26m x 12m hole in the middle.  Still haven't figured out why my feet aren't getting wet.  One of life's mysteries.........

The sea is a lovely 27.2C here at the moment so not that slow a broiling.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• Gold FFM

Looks great, unfortunately, I am on the Lotus IoM trip that time so will not be able to attend.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

This looks fun but an awfully long day. What else is going on besides parade laps  + 3 x 15min track time?

Thanks

Stewart

Edited by Mxvx
  • Gold FFM
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Might not be as many around in Aberdeen now that the oil companies have gone whoopsie and people there need to see how everyone else truly lives outside of the bubble.

Anyway, no one forcing you to go....

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, Ive just registered, We will just have completed the North Coast 500 on Friday 21st July, so this will be a good way to finish the week.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Not at all - anything that's not a mass-produced family hatchback is more than acceptable, :thumbsup: .

• Gold FFM

Not long to go now - see you all there.

If anybody is still deliberating over the track sessions, there are still a few places left and you're now getting 4 x 15 minute slots for your money instead of the original 3.

@Alfa2Evora david, I have just decided to come along on Sunday and was able to register this evening. I have also sent an email to Rory Butcher at Knockhill advising him that I want to be included in your gathering. Sorry for this late decision. Hopefully see you on Sunday either as an exhibitor or as a spectator. I won't be tacking part in the track sessions other than the demonstration laps.

• Like 1