free hit
counters
Wet boot/trunk - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Wet boot/trunk

Anyone else had this problem.......

It's been fine for up to now.......just seems wet......damp......

What was the problem and what was the cure.....

Mine seems to be a drop from the n/s boot 'door card'......inside the boot but the bit under the spoiler on the lid......0

Thanks

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Check the drain holes in the bootlid.

Lotus actually had a remedy to insert a third hole near the latch to help drain.

Was it parked on a hill? Nose down?

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

It's parked almost on the flat possibly a little nose up but definitely has a tilt to the drivers side.....about 5deg probably.......

13 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Check the drain holes in the bootlid.

Lotus actually had a remedy to insert a third hole near the latch to help drain.

There was a service bulletin early in the Evora's life (Dec 2009) about water ingress. I have attached a copy in case it helps.

Check the rubber boot seal also; there were problems with these.

Evora TSB.pdf

• Like 1

Mine leaked from when I first collected it.  At the first service they fixed it, saying that there are 2 adjustment screws and one was wound fully in and the other fully out.  Lotus Silverstone adjusted them and dry ever since.  Might be worth a look

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok the water ingress is getting worse

can anybody provide me with a diagram for the additional drain holes or even just the existing drain holes so I can check if they are clear

I came to the car this morning and the water was soaking the carpet

any help much appreciated

thanks

Gareth

I counted five drain holes in the tailgate of my Launch Edition.

Photos below.

DSCF2105.jpg

DSCF2110.jpg

DSCF2108.jpg

DSCF2106.JPG

DSCF2107.jpg

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Brilliant stuff thanks.......

I have two holes.....one each side.........don't appear to be blocked but I'll get my dremmel out.......thanks

The one by the label was mentioned in a field bulletin.

6mm hole iirc

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• 4 years later...
  • Gold FFM

Could try doing this how did you do this ? Make it idiot proof when you explain as I am very incapable when it comes to fixes but I am willing to try ! 

44 minutes ago, FirstTimeEvora said:

On my Evora (11) I drilled some additional holes in the boot lid (as per previous post) BUT in addition I fully tightened up the rubber feet on either side of the lid. This made the lid sat much tighter against the seal. Problem solved!

@Cdm2018 I thought this was idiot proof! 🤣🤣

Look at @EuropaSman photos and comments above.

In addition - open up the boot and on the lid there are two rubber feet sticking out (see pic). Tighten these right up (manually twist around to the right). This will decrease any gap between the lid and the boot seal when closed. This should stop water getting in. Hope this helps

screenshot.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1