free hit
counters
Gearbox Oil Cooler - Page 3 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Gearbox Oil Cooler

The actual improvement to the gear shift can only be achieved by a retro fit of the 350 Sport+ gear shift. I think you have a 350 already so you have the shifter, the gearbox cooler would be a complimentary items to help manage those track day conditions and longevity of your gearbox.

My gearbox cooler is located under the car (vent in under tray) I was worried about the design being prone to damage and unfortunately mine did fail and required a replacement. The replacement came with additional mesh and shielding which has proved a good enhancement to the design. That said if I was to do it again, especially with enlarged side scoops, I'd be going with a solution which housed the cooler in the actual side vent which I think would be slightly safer and create more airflow for cooling. Another alternative is to forget all coolers and go with a Laminova setup.

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
16 hours ago, alias23 said:

The actual improvement to the gear shift can only be achieved by a retro fit of the 350 Sport+ gear shift. I think you have a 350 already so you have the shifter, the gearbox cooler would be a complimentary items to help manage those track day conditions and longevity of your gearbox.

My gearbox cooler is located under the car (vent in under tray) I was worried about the design being prone to damage and unfortunately mine did fail and required a replacement. The replacement came with additional mesh and shielding which has proved a good enhancement to the design. That said if I was to do it again, especially with enlarged side scoops, I'd be going with a solution which housed the cooler in the actual side vent which I think would be slightly safer and create more airflow for cooling. Another alternative is to forget all coolers and go with a Laminova setup.

Thanks for your feedback. I still have a few questions:

Which kit do you have? The one from Hangar111? Did the failure come from a reliability issue or was it damaged by a stone?

Did you mount a gauge to monitor the temperature and confirm this kit brings a significant improvement?

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Wilbert Camshaft said:

Seriosly...., whatever to plan to do with your Lotus , ask KomTec what they recommend!

These guys are the best thing that can possibly happen to anybody owning a Lotus! I will pick up mine on 20.02.2020...... (459 PS, 491 NM)

I prefer to have first feedback from Lotus drivers. As a potential customer I am looking for reviews from customers not from the company who sell the product. 😉

• 1 year later...