free hit
counters
Evora 400 from France - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 from France

rallyesax

Hey everybody,

Baptiste, 33yo, car enthusiast since a kid like everybody here I guess :P

I live right in the middle of France and I'm a happy brand new owner of a brand new Yellow Evora 400 :wub:

Have had a bunch of cars prior to this from rally spirits (Peugeot 106 1300 rallye, Subaru, Mitsu Evo) to Porsche and then Caterham to race the French Championship.

But for now, still got the 106 rallye, my wife's Subaru 2.5 WRX and last but not least this stunning full option Evora 400.

Hope to find some tips and provide some help around here with this great community :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congratulations and welcome! We'd like to see some pics of your new car please :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Welcome to 400 ownership! :)

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I collected the car last Friday and took the plane on Saturday to Asia for work, so didn't have time to take good pictures of the car yet / Or to drive it as I would like to :cry:

So for now, I just got some pictures from the dealer where I bought it :

ae59f3c9ff80e13aac6bd5f44e68e0c2f4af8cac.jpg.13ada960a347ad42c5c9f4740b2db484.jpg4ecefe35b312c92f307e0dbad1c0d69ad0f4b189.jpg.2c51c7566d783ecc81f1e4c1b1063430.jpgb1a38ba8cb926e3804509556e534d0cd964ec551.jpg.ed541a218a7757704337f346d4b0b0b8.jpg

I will take real descent pictures of the car as soon as I get back To France

• Like 2

Welcome to TLF, very nice Evora. What spec is your Caterham? I've owned mine for 20 years but the spec changes every year!

Welcome to TLF Baptiste. :welcome: ( Pretty sure that is your name from your first post? )

Be good to see the photos once the car is in your possession.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

How were Chassay in Tours - it looks a very smart setup

I have a house near Angouleme so maybe see you on the road one day. Lotus get a LOT of stares in France. You need to tag along to the Charente rally in September where you will get a lot of cheers and encouragement from everybody including the Gendarmes

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The noise is addictive, especially at the upper revs!! You'll love it when you get there.

seems a shame to make it quieter but I need to for uk tracks :(

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

We have been traveling down to Angouleme for the last 9 years to the circuit de ramparts in September 3 Lotus cars traveling together Grand Tour. First year we went into Chassay Bros dealership very smart set up. David has a house 20 miles outside Angouleme. This year we are back down 10th year and also heading to Sardinia to celebrate 40 years of The Spy Who Love Me.

Fantastic road trips driving in France.

Andrew 

13 hours ago, CocoPops said:

The noise is addictive, especially at the upper revs!! You'll love it when you get there.

seems a shame to make it quieter but I need to for uk tracks :(

Same shit here in France. 

Most tracks are about 90dba limited. A few are 95dba. And one or 2 are 100.

How is it in the UK ?

Edited by rallyesax

11 hours ago, Andrew C said:

We have been traveling down to Angouleme for the last 9 years to the circuit de ramparts in September 3 Lotus cars traveling together Grand Tour. First year we went into Chassay Bros dealership very smart set up. David has a house 20 miles outside Angouleme. This year we are back down 10th year and also heading to Sardinia to celebrate 40 years of The Spy Who Love Me.

Fantastic road trips driving in France.

Andrew 

Woaw, sounds like a nice piece of a roadtrip B-)

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, rallyesax said:

Same shit here in France. 

Most tracks are about 90dba limited. A few are 95dba. And one or 2 are 100.

How is it in the UK ?

The 400 has a static noise test result of about 110dB as soon as the valve opens!

What it really needs is a VW style 'cheat device' that allows only 4k rpm rev limit when speedo is zero mph, rather than opening valve at 4.5k rpm regardless.

I had a driveby of 98dB at Zandvoort last summer, where they don't do a static noise test.