free hit
counters
Rear bumper removal - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First exercise with back bends, then flex the knees.. especially the backs..  get an arrangement of spanners and long reach sockets.. rackets spanners are good but wont fit over a lot of the studs..   The spray glue off the carpets can be so pleasurable as it adheres to long threads.. this will mean winding the nut all the way off in most cases, 1/4 of a turn at a time..   If you are really lucky the nuts will have rusted solid,, this is a real plus because you can shear them off...   Then you can just buy new stud plates from SJ...a lot easier.. Seriously , depending on your individual Esprit this can be quite awkward or a real shit.  but not as bad as the front....   Young more flexible chaps may get to them easier , but the patients wont be there..   Enjoy !!!     :sofa:   

Cheers Dave.

We may not have the flexibility of the body, but patience and persistence is something us old 'uns have in spades.

I had a look just now, and I can see new boltheads up inside the aerofoil, someone's definitely been in there. The nuts underneath and on top of the studplates look good, no rust on them. The only slight issue could be the rear wheel extensions, but I know they've been off recently when the car was painted. But have the inner wheelarches got to come out?

Margate Exotics.

The closer panels at the back yes, but they are easy..  famous last words..  It really is just a case of undo one bit at a time,  The lower ones through the boot floor are usually rusted due to exhaust heat and road salt .. as it drops away you will pick any you missed.. not to complicated, You may be lucky if it has been off in the not to distant past, plus it is a clean example.  But as we old un's  know, there will always be one that's a sod.

This is running in parallel on my refurb thread Dave, and it could be that Loose Cannon has come up with a solution negating bumper removal, which is music to my ears! Let's see.

Margate Exotics.

55 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I'd avoid doing it at all costs if you can - it'll be shear off / skin off city 

Pah! I laugh in the face of that kind of thing.

I think.

Margate Exotics.