free hit
counters
Engine removal - Page 4 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
cbclotus

Engine removal

Sorry guys .wear to crank pulley slight wear to crankshaft snout .slight variation on a couple of push rods slack in timing chain .Valves have just touched the Pistons on the bank with low compression ..Soory I have not updated been waiting on my mate  who I am very great full to .Not sure if the camshaft timing was out a notch .got to order some new bits and take it from there .Thanks Mike .As I said I am not up on engines spannering .just enjoy the driving bit lol...Mike

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

ok guys it's been a while .i do thank every one for their help on this forum...Well the engine is back in one piece .fuel tanks out and being repaired .new silicone hoses going back ....Been lucky having a mate do the work as and when he has the time .Dont want to be doing this again .hey ho ...Many new parts for the engine heavy duty timing chain new water pump .Located a crank pulley .very rare to find the early ones .new push rods Had to shim the rockers to get the correct pre load if that makes sence ....Thanks .Really enjoy the forum ...Mike

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Mike, isn't that a hydraulic lifter motor?? I would have to drag out an old manual but there should be no adjusting the lifters....

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

Unless the engine has the aftermarket adjustable push-rods, shimming for pre-load is a necessity for hydraulic cam/lifter installation.

But once done, there's no adjusting needed.

Margate Exotics.

Guys .All I know is the pushrods are one  size ..The rockers needed shimming together the correct pe load.Hope fully all will be fine valves had just made contact with the pitons on one side ...Don't want to. Be doing it again .Not driven it yet .Thanks ...Mike