free hit
counters
For better or worse? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
oilmagnet477

For better or worse?

Just spotted this for sale on fleabay (sadly ad only!)

I used to live just up the road back in the early 2000's so it ignited my interest.

Anyone gone down this route or think they spoil the look of the original car?

garnets.jpg.3873f1775982243d54f89bb0448740ce.jpg

I sort of like them but it would play hell with our 'country style' drive and speed bumps!

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

personnaly, I don't like it at all. But it is what they did back then to our cars... In my opinion it spoils the design. But if you like it, do it.

I like it. Especially on the Eclat, making it look more like an Excel SE, but still retaining some classic design features like the chrome window surrounds.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

it doesnt do anything for me. perhaps when 80's fashion comes around again I would have a different view...

rear apron, skirts and front bib add nothing.

I do quite like that ducktail rear however....

I believe this is what John Walsh encountered in one his his photos of a Lotus up in the wilds of scotland.

I remember that ad from Motorsport mag back in the early 80s.  Thought it looked weird at the time and hasn't got any better.  But lots of 70s supercars had similar body kits.  I remember seeing a Ferrari BB that looked even more dreadful.

I think it's kind of cool. Certainly makes the car stand out from the crowd and I've seen worse.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺