free hit
counters
New Model Tease... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

New Model Tease...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ditto!

If it's 'road-legal' it must be in addition to the 380 Race.... those definitely look like the same wing vents to me. Me likey a lot!

They're still making Elise Cup cars so this must surely mean it's the return of the Exige Cup car! :thumbup:

I don't imagine that wing will allowed, sadly, so expect to see a Sport 380 wing and front splitter.

Exige 380 Race 2.jpg

Z95xDPrDS4KvdHf6of3SWA.jpg

• Like 2

I'm trying to get through to the dealer right now to change my order if its a Cup.. FFS ?? Then again could be an Elise/211/311 update... who knows.

Edited by Mark030358

This would be a great news and I'll have to trade in my almost new 360 Cup for the new one.....This could be the ultimate road legal track weapon.....according to the Twitter Lotus feed

17855111_1480591978651909_5959018886756836865_o.jpg

Created without equal, and drawing on Lotus' racing heritage - the perfect road-legal race car. Coming April 2017. 

#trackandback #LightisRight #Lotus #Handmade

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, ......

OK, rang dealer who rang factory. Factory told him nothing, not even model type. Only that a press release due this month....  My order is now on hold...

cheers

Mark

Fully agree. Model ranges keep changing, with a bit of guess work you can 'try' to predict them. Then you have to decide to jump or not.

To me, the Sport 380 isn't a big enough step over the 350, so I'd be happy with the 350. 

Regards this new iteration... we'll have to see :-)

Gales said recently that the 380 was as far as the current Exige would go.

The 380 Sport does little for me, but a 380Race/Road or Cup I find a much more exciting prospect. If I was close to ordering, or in Mark's position I would be sitting tight and hopefully changing my order.

That said, I am very very happy with my cup car and have zero desire to change.

Have to agree with 550Superfast on his comment "there will be some upset people who have bought the 380s" especially if you are a committed track day user aka Jokke. Then again, I'm sure there will be a substantial uplift in the price, as "chunk of change" term being used to me this morning.

However "Sitting Tight" perfectly describes what I am gooing to do, all depends on what it is and how much.

cheers

Mark 

• Like 1

Chances are you could be in one of B&C's Kawasaki green Sport 380's for something like £10k less. Unless you're planning on becoming a trackday junkie you won't benefit from the extra Cup focus. It's not just the cost you have to pay something in terms of road manners too.

What alternative do Lotus have? They are not breaking with tradition. They have a long history of offering incremental upgrades on Cup cars, Elise S Cup, Elise 220 Cup, Exige 240 Cup, Elise 250 Cup, Exige 255 Cup, Exige 260 Cup, Exige V6 Cup, Exige 360 Cup....

Anyone getting 'upset' has got a short memory!

How about Porsche declaring manual over with the PDK-only 991 GT3, doing a U turn with the GT4 and 911R. Manic brain-out buying frenzy ensues, people paying well over £500k for a 911R, Porsche release gen 2 GT3, 4.0 litre, more power, more revs, manual option. Instant reckoning with 911R and 911GT3RS prices. One dealer I know lost £50k overnight on his GT3RS after the announcement. The classifieds are absolutely full of them, lots of fingers about to be burnt, a £300k car before the announcement, now take your pick, delivery miles for £220k and that's the asking price. £80k drop. Now that would upset me!

Brand new in LHD for £180k now and 33 RS for sale currently in PH classifieds! It's a fire sale!

• Like 2

That wing looks to be the race wing with the Sport380 endplate. It is surely boot mounted, I don't really see Lotus reengineering the bootlid entirely so that the wing can be mouted to the rear subframe. The visible mesh is interesting.

Edited by NedaSay

Yes, because @alias23 is into "#fakenews" you can ignore everything he posted on this subject!

#timewaster!

;)

What's 'race wing' about it? Just looks like the Exige 380/ Elise Cup 250 wing.

OK, fair point, I can just about see that. Looks wider too (which I was told wouldn't be allowed) but that could simply be the camera angle.

it's April already, get on with it! :2guns:

17 hours ago, 550superfast said:

Looks like a road going 380 race - there will be some upset people who have bought the 380s

58ef060f9ff33_ScreenShot2017-04-13at05_59_42.png.278e49223b66a4dcc744188458b3afd4.png

YES ! I asked about a road cup coming at that time. They said it won't come....... 

I never believe Lotus people when the say 'that won't be happening'. They'd be more professional simply stating ' I can't comment on future models until officially announced' .

In 2005, I was invited on a factory tour. They had a few Exige 240Rs on site, who's 50 unit production run was already sold out. I asked a fairly close contact at Lotus will there be more supercharged Exiges (bearing in mind the 2004 S2 Exige wasn't a lot different from the 111R Elise). " Oh no, the supercharger was only for the 240R, thats it now!"

A few months later the Exige S220 was launched. Completely logical. Why would Lotus develop the SC install only for 50 cars ?

Equally a few months ago, Lotus released images of the Exige Race 380. They don't have a dedicated MS department anymore, they dont run factory team race cars in any open series.  Why would Lotus develop new moulds & clams for a handful of customer track cars ?

To be fair, I dont think Lotus Dealers know too much in advance either of new models. To date, my local dealer in Dubai hasn't had one Sport 350 in stock or sold. When it was launched almost 2 years ago, they'd just received a consignment of Exige S cars... instantly outdated stock. I guess its a bit easier for UK / European dealers as they are closer to the factory & have less lead / transport time lag.

At least we can access the Exige V6 for road use :-), the guys in North America can't :-(

Edited by Cain-it
  • Like 2