free hit
counters
Artistic Vandalism - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM

Great - so now when some drug-addled low-life keys your car, he can claim he was simply releasing his artistic temperament, :angry: .

http://jalopnik.com/art-lovers-take-out-their-simmering-wrath-on-an-innocen-1794327041

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahh no - just flushed the toilet - yet more art gone......

I have nothing but admiration for their ability to part people from their money for what is in my mind is crap.   A fool and his money........ Etc.   They must sit up at night laughing their heads off

More shite from so-called 'artists'. Not that I'm a stranger to such things, oh no. Margate has Tracey Emin as its most famous export, with her unmade bed strewn with used condoms and othe rubbis

Posted Images

More shite from so-called 'artists'.

Not that I'm a stranger to such things, oh no. Margate has Tracey Emin as its most famous export, with her unmade bed strewn with used condoms and othe rubbish. Utter garbage. I don't know who's worse, the total chancers who churn it out, or the total idiots that buy their 'work'.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

On 04/15/2017 at 07:35, ian29gte said:

More shite from so-called 'artists'.

Not that I'm a stranger to such things, oh no. Margate has Tracey Emin as its most famous export, with her unmade bed strewn with used condoms and othe rubbish. Utter garbage. I don't know who's worse, the total chancers who churn it out, or the total idiots that buy their 'work'.

I have nothing but admiration for their ability to part people from their money for what is in my mind is crap.   A fool and his money........ Etc.   They must sit up at night laughing their heads off at people's  gulibility.   How for example can you compare the skill shown in mrs kimbers paintings with someone tipping a load of bricks on the floor and calling them both art. Every branch of jewsons must be worth a fortune.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, mdw said:

I have nothing but admiration for their ability to part people from their money for what is in my mind is crap.   A fool and his money........ Etc.   They must sit up at night laughing their heads off at people's  gulibility.   How for example can you compare the skill shown in mrs kimbers paintings with someone tipping a load of bricks on the floor and calling them both art. Every branch of jewsons must be worth a fortune.

There are occasionally rows of artists selling their wares on the streets in our city. One guy, alongside the usual multitude of oil paintings of the catherdral etc, had a single solitary piece of modern art. A piece of broken breeze block perched on a scrap of old wallpaper was entitled "sculpture on floral base", obviously salvaged from a demolished building and priced at several hundred pounds. He actually looked a bit put out when someone broke out laughing, so no I think they genuinely beleive in the shit they are shovelling.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

"reply"

- George Karellas. €25,000

I recall a group of three enterprising chaps in Norfolk (iirc) who got an Arts Council Grant to pay them to walk around from country pub to country pub, wearing special hats attached to a plank, so it looked as though the plank was balanced on their heads.

True artistic brilliance....

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

19 hours ago, comem47 said:

You have to admit, the artist got great coverage and finish.

Must make it worth at least £20....?

Actually, looking again, I'm sure we're all missing the bleedin obvious!

The view is a cropped overhead elevation of a Lotus Yellow Esprit. Part of the roof, windscreen and bonnet.

It's so obvious now, I can't think how I didn't recognise it.

Maybe Mrs Kimber's kids got the poster paints out and visited a friend who owned the car.

Top stuff

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?