free hit
counters
Just been caught! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Just been caught!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By my wife in the garage looking at my Esprit with a glass of wine. "What you doing" " looking at my car" and she laughed at me! 

We've all been there chap 

Barry, I guess you spoke to your V8 a few times. And used the F word a few times.

Posted Images

You're amongst likewise nutters here Danny.:P.........guilty of similar.....often!

Think yourself lucky...here's my garage currently :(

IMG_3771.JPG

Bring on Monday when I get them both back.

Enjoy your evening.:) :wine:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Dan E said:

By my wife in the garage looking at my Esprit with a glass of wine. 

Your Esprit is drinking your wine? Good grief! Is that like adding methanol to your petrol tank?

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

No definitely me with the wine I was just in there thinking it really is the coolest car ever. In 1981 I would have been twelve when I saw my first one and the old man had a Triumph 2000 in brown it blew my away. It still does do that.

apparently my son who is 12 got pulled at school the other day by some older kids saying, " your the one who's Dads got the lambo" 

• Like 2

Tea is the strongest drink I've had in the garage (so far) but I'll admit to many a minute gazing at the Esprit sat in there. Even a few times sitting in it when I first bought it before it was back on the road just 'trying it on for size' you understand...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Barry, I guess you spoke to your V8 a few times. And used the F word a few times.

I simply cannot repeat many of those conversations 

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Danny, as a tribute to you and your dry sump, I'm gonna go over to the garage and sip my whisky with Emma (my SE). :cheers:

BTW, my misses is fully aware of me talking to my cars and naming them, she even helped me chose 'Eileen' for the Excel. It was a bit disconcerting to see her go through a list of baby names, even for a good cause. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Spent the shole day in the garage looking at my Esprit. Even when I shut the lights off, I turned around to catch a  last glimpse.  ;) It's simply magnetic.

After a good days Work on the car, it's good to take 5 steps back and look thorughly at the Esprit to see, if it all makes sense. Usually it does ;)

Even my wife felt sorry for me having spent 10½ hours in the garage today messing about with the Esprit. Not ready to drive at all. Far from it. So many more hours yet to come ;)

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)