free hit
counters
Right so the weekend and polish! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Right so the weekend and polish!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent Saturday digging out laurels out the garden to replace with ...........more laurels they were looking a bit buggered after neighbour decided she could chop them down without asking, not happy it

Bazza, Before & after using SwissVax    

Danny Yes 2 bucket wash, chamois off. Personally I wouldn't clay (Halfords do a clay kit - spray the liquid on car then rub a lump of clay over it to remove imperfections) your car as I did it a

Posted Images

Hi Dan ....Happy Easter to you  also ....Bloody neighbours.....Mine really did my head in ....Untill we moved ...All good now .Great car .Snap same as mine different engine ....Tell a lie my engine is out ...rover v8 sitting in my garage ...Mike

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Thanks Mike, yes i know I have been following your thread :o

Anyone got any suggestions for polish, Noted I did ramble on a bit so it probably got lost in my rant!!

Ta

Danny

Well done, and breath..

I would ask if you got the base cleaner too. It's much less expensive and you'd only need to use it the once.

On your car you don't need it as it's already been done B-)

I'm surprised it needs polished at all, as I thought Brooke had it professionally detailed.......or was that just the V8 he had done? They would normally coat with a ceramic or glass coat once they're done 

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Swiss Vax - Best of Show. It's so expensive it hurts but it's worth every penny. Works better on dark coloured cars. Put on by hand then buff off.  

http://www.swissvax.co.uk/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=WAXES

By Jesus - is it for use on ones willy ??

Only here once

To be fair, I bought a pot of Zymol Concours for a small fortune 10 years ago and there's still more than half in the pot. You only need to apply it once or twice a year, it's that good :)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/zymol-concours-wax/prod_995.html

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Will there be rum? :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

To be fair, the pot looks like it'll last 20 years, so it's cheap when you amortise it annually! Plus you apply it with your hands, it's pretty sexy.

Put a very small amount of Zymol Concours Glaze (wax) in the palm of your hand. Use the warmth of your hands, by rubbing them together, to melt the carnauba. With your hands, gently apply the melted glaze in a light, even pattern over no more than 2 or 3 square feet of painted surface in an even coat with side-to-side motions.

Evora NA

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Bazza,

Before & after using SwissVax

IMG_1285.jpg

_DSC0011.jpg

Looks like it had a damn good clean from 1st photo to second photo too and the reflection of the stones in the 1st picture don't help either so overall not a good comparison. However, you can't detract from the finish of the second photo, it does look really really good, but then it needs to be seen after a good clean and polish with normal wax too for a proper comparison to justify the price surely?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Fair enough but I didn't clean it as an exercise to prove how good any particular product was. In the first photo the car was as I bought it and yes it hadn't been washed but that made very very little/no difference to the colour. I did spend a lot of time cleaning the bodywork before waxing it all of which I did by hand. 

Given that prices of cars are soaring and the wax lasts years, personally I'd not be happy with a ok/good finish when I think I could have had a concours finish.

As ever, you pays your money...     

• Gold FFM

Sorry Bazza, was not trying to be overly critical believe it or not, just pointing out the car in Pic 1 needed a wash and polish i guess ;).

I do agree that if you want a real quality finish you need to buy a quality product and actually, not ever really seeing this stuff before, you've actually now got me thinking about it!  I hope you get paid commission for the extra sales you are drumming up. :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!