free hit
counters
Right so the weekend and polish! - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Right so the weekend and polish!

• Gold FFM

Bibs, come and show me instead.  There'll be rum before, during and after.  English Harbour, naturally.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent Saturday digging out laurels out the garden to replace with ...........more laurels they were looking a bit buggered after neighbour decided she could chop them down without asking, not happy it

Bazza, Before & after using SwissVax    

Danny Yes 2 bucket wash, chamois off. Personally I wouldn't clay (Halfords do a clay kit - spray the liquid on car then rub a lump of clay over it to remove imperfections) your car as I did it a

Posted Images

I  use swissvax onyx , wich is cheaper, but still not a "cheap" wax, compared to most products on this market.

Now before waxing AND depending on the state of your lacquer, I would really recommend, that after washing you clay the car first. It really makes a huge difference.

After washing, most people think their car is clean. it shines ,. but if you take your clay over the paint, you will be surprised, what still comes of. After claying the car feels really really smooth.

Now after claying, you should use Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Regular . It is a bit greasy, but it makes the car shine and it is the step that makes the final wax attach and last longer.

And the final step is applying the wax.

I must say, whatever people say, carnauba wax is not the most lasting wax. It has a deep liquid shine and I like to apply it, just for the fun of it ( only on my favorite cars) but some (most) synthetic polymer paint sealants just last longer are more durable and produce a hard glassy shell..... Auch if You just payed the expensive swissvax. ( excellent product nevertheless)

Edited by gvy
  • Gold FFM

So Barrie can I just wash the car (2 bucket method) dry off then get polishing (after claying, any tips on this it never done it) I don't need to use the other stuff first? just want to get this right first time round. 

Saturday is interior (and planting more laurels) then Sunday exterior pending beer intake on Saturday!!

Do you boys really drink Rum? I have not touched that since a day around @makkyhhouse 25 years ago when after a session in the pub we went back and he broke out something like a 98% proof bottle of Rum. I was sick so many times I have never touched it since. 

You should have stuck to the hard stuff, like a real man :D

walter-hicks-125-navy-rum-guyana-1069489

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

3 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

Danny

Yes 2 bucket wash, chamois off. Personally I wouldn't clay (Halfords do a clay kit - spray the liquid on car then rub a lump of clay over it to remove imperfections) your car as I did it a year ago but you may feel the urge.

Then you could either go the whole hogg and apply Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Regular  (apply then buff off with a micro fibre cloth) first before using the SwissVax or simply apply the SwissVax. Again if the finish was as good as when I sold the car the latter alone would probably be all that's needed.

To apply the SwissVax (preferably on a warm day, in the sun) put a pea sized amount on your palm and the rub your hands together until it comes a liquid. Use your hands to rub on the car and then when completely covered buff off with a micro fibre cloth turning frequently.

There will be proper experts out there with different ideas - please don't flame me!  

^ sounds good to me - Swissvax isn't really a machinable wax. I've never put it on with my hands - always an applicator - but saw that you can.

Wow! so Shiny! I bet it'll look amazing when completed.

Some of mine needs correction I used a DA polishing machine to apply a glaze and then put the wax on. It normally takes a really good day and sometimes 2 to get the car looking as good as it can....

On 19/04/2017 at 17:19, Bazza 907 said:

But Paul, using your hands is the best bit..  

ooh err!

Dan, I didn't realise you was unwell, your sure it was the Rum.

Bibs, that's what Dan got ill on, Hicks 125. I still have two bottles if anyone wants to wax mine.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Rick you must remember lock in at the pub I had been with new GF about two weeks (not current Mrs E) back to yours that stuff which I now note is 125% ( how can that be) I spent the night back at mine on the toilet floor throwing up. I genuinely have never touched a drop since. 

Was a very funny night until my legs decided, they would turn remote control independently controlled by that rum. 

?

Dan, Of course I remember and still smile. Your Sister has only just starte taking to me again.

Will be in touch re topping out of the new garage interior.......beware....

• Like 1

I'm in! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

If your not in the Swisswax price bracket can I recommend Auto Finesse, I bought one of their mid price waxes at £50 a pot and its great, and at that price you can afford to give it a couple of coats.  They have a great range of products, and they all smell lovely

Oh just another thought, polish and wax are two different things, polish does exactly that it is very slightly abrasive and removes imperfections, then you wax to improve and protect the shine

• Gold FFM

Hi Dean, sorry just got back from rugby tour which I am pleased to report that Bromley RFC won the cup and didn't lose a game. I was intending to start today but most of my blood is currently about 54% proof! 

Hopefully next weekend mate. 

• 2 years later...